Wiring questions

Bronze Member
Username: Bluepopcicle

Post Number: 15
I'm currently getting a little set up together in my room. This consists of a pair of Def tech pro 1000's and a newly purchased mirage omni-s8 sub. i wondering how i can easily filter the low freq i want the sub to drive out of the signal from the amp to the def tech's. i'm running this all off a pioneer sx-880 (old school i know) currently its all hooked up with just running wire directly to the subs high level inputs. this all drives the system nicely, i'd just like to be able to stop the def techs from trying to push lows that they really aren't capable of doing.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11922

You can use an active or a passive filter. Does you sub have speaker out provisions which offer that filter you need?

Bronze Member
Username: Bluepopcicle

Post Number: 16
no, there is no speaker out on the sub. that is why i'm unsure of what to do.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11925

If it really bothers you to have the main speakers reproducing low frequencies, look for an active crossover with a subwoofer output. Make certain the crossover filters low frequency content only to the subwoofer and has a high pass filter for the main speakers. Start with something like Parts Express and ask if they have anything that will do the job.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us