What is the best method of break-in new speakers?

Anonymous
I got this off the MA website. Sounds like a quieter way of breaking in speakers.

>>>What is the best way to run in speakers?

If you are very anxious to hear your MA speakers at their best, then I would suggest running them face to face so they are more or less touching and wiring one of them out of phase. (Connect the negative to positive and positive to negative. Do this on one speaker only.) You can then run them at an average listening level and you will hardly be able to hear anything. They can then be run constantly for four, five days<<<

Hawk
Been there, done that, it works.

Anonymous
Did you do it single or bi-wired? I think I'll do it that way but I'm not sure if I should keep it bi-wired or out it back as single wired.

Hawk
I just single wire it--never really thought about bi-wiring it, if for no other reason than I want to get it going and get them broken in! So I guess I am too impatient to bi-wire for the break-in. I want to hear my new speakers ASAP!

Anonymous
What is the purpose of breaking in speakers? Shouldn't they be ready to go as soon as you get them?

Hawk
Speakers are mechanical transducers and fresh out of the carton, the speaker cones surrounds can be a little stiff and not as flexible as they should be. "Breaking them in" is a means of softening them up a bit to that they respond the way they are supposed to. If you listen to your speakers fresh out of the carton, some people believe they are often a little harsh sounding. Not everyone can hear the difference, so who knows. Speakers are going to be broken in after 30-40 hours of work anyways, but this means of breaking them in is merely a way of speeding up the process.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us