KLH Subwoofer problems

Username: Hookem4404

Post Number: 1
I'm having trouble with my KLH subwoofer. It worked perfecty fine for 5+ years with my Sony receiver. Since I moved into a new apartment I cannot get the darn thing to "hit" like it used to. All I get out of it now is a distorted low hum whenever a "hit" should take place. I've tried using different subwoofer cables, using different wall outlets, even had the woofer tested at a repair shop. I hook it up by using the mono port on the sub connected to the audio out subwoofer port on the receiver. I've reset all the settings on the receiver and changed setup options to everything possible with no results. The best I can describe the noise coming from it is that the sub wants to hit where it should, but just can't. I can get a really small amount when playing music, but the hum of the woofer is greater than the actual bass sound. The overall sound is similar to having a static channel on tv with the sub attempting to make bass sound where it normally should make bass sound, but the "static" is louder. A slight popping here or there can be heard as well. If I had my guess it would be some sort of grounding issue, but I'm stupid with electronics! Any suggestions???

The sub is a 10inch KLH amplified subwoofer system. Freq resp: 30 to 40-180 Hz. Amplifier power is 100 Watts. The receiver is a Sony STR-DE485.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11685

If you had the sub tested at a shop, they should have detected the problem. What did they suggest?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us