Looking for wharfdale e50 or e90 speakers

Anonymous
i am trying to find either wharfdale e50 or e90 speakers.

Dear "Anonymous,

I have read your request and I can offer you a pair of wharfedale E90s speakers, ca. 10 years old, good condition, if you want more details or a photo please let me know.
Best regards
Andi

Hi,

I too am after a pair of 'E' Series speakers from Wharfedale. I used to have a pair of E50's but anything in the E range would be excellent!.

Thanks,

Pete

I have a pair of E50s, probably 20 years old, still used daily. Only reason for selling is that they are too big now, going for smaller enclosures. How much are you offering?

I HAVE ALSO GOT A PAIR OF E50s RECONED & REWIRED BY WHARFEDALE 6YEARS AGO .GOOD CONDITION 17 YEARS OLD. UP FOR SALE.

I have a pair of W90s circa 1964. They don't make them like the used to. Too big for current apartment.

I have a pair of E90's that are aprox 15 years old.
Contact me if still searching for the E90's and I will email to you some digital pics of these units.

Looking for a pair of bass drivers for E50s, or the entire speaker. I'm in England.

Hi guys,

Gee, sorry for not getting back sooner - I had forgotten all about this site :(.

I am still keen to purchase a pair of E50's, AND would certainly be keen to purchase a pair of E90's as well.

This would of course depend on the price.

I shall reply to all soon

Thanks..

Pete

hello there i'm looking for a mid tone driver for an e 50 model i'm living in holland ...tnx

I grew up on premium audio and now I dabble in audio trading on ebay. I currently have a pair of E90's because I have heard of Wharfdale, but I really am not familiar with them. I expect to list them on ebay very shortly, but I love to learn about the brands and items as they pass through my hands and these have caught my attention. Can anyone tell me what is the purpose of the 3-pronged connector? I have resisted opening the speakers up to look at the inner workings, but I am very curious. Also, I do not recall see anything reviewed at Audioreview.com that had all 5 out of 5 reviews before. Thank you.

Hi,

I'm looking for a pair of Wharfedale E90 speakers.
I'm in the Netherlands but not restricted to that.

Kind regards,
Rob

I recently obtained me a beautifull pair of E90's. I'm also wandering whats the deal with tis 3-pronged connector? The person i got them from only used the bottom two pins to connect them to his stereoset. But I'm very curious what should be connected to the third pin.

Thanx in advance.

Is it hard to find drivers and parts like that for 20 year old wharfdale 90's speakers?

Could anyone please tell me anything about the Wharfendale 90-W speakers? What is the difference between those and the "E's"? If you can't get me through my e-mail please call me at 412-766-2720 after 4:00 P.M. eastern standard time-you can call collect or leave your name and number and I"ll return your call. If you are interested in buying them let me know. Thank you.
Bob Campbell

Hi you lot......I am the owner of a pair of 1978 E50's and in the distant past (up to 10 years ago, when i gave up trying to upgrade!!JOKE) many retailers have tried to explain to me how crap these speakers are compared to others they had to offer, but I could sit and listen, and listen, and........oohh, no way, could I part with my E50's for some high brand lesser sounding boxes, AND GIVE THEM MONEY TOO!!!...WHAT?...My E50's are mine, I bought them new, and although they have been (in some respects) mistreated..(You know, Rick, Yes, Floyd, Purple, Zepplin, Elp, and related...), I never could find another speaker to match my ear's preference...what i mean to say is, the E50 were in my opinion, a give away at around two hundred pounds in 1978..(two weeks wages for me)..and they will be with me...playing not so loud now, but faithfully, till I die...I hope,...which,....I also hope, will be a very, very long time from now.......Rob.

Rob
Ps you guy's searching......I hope you too can find a happy home for a pair of E's

Rob

Hi you guys, I have the baby of the family - the E-20s. For people looking to repair any E series 'speakers, you should not have trouble getting units for these classic beasts. Contact Wilmslow Audio in Licester UK. They did a full make-over on my E-20s. New bass/mid drivers from Peerless, upgrade x-over components and split so they can be (valve) bi-amped, (I use 4 monoblocks), disconnect the trebble attenuator from the circuit and re-wire with silver wire throughout. (I kept the horn loaded tweeter). They sound stunning, without, believe it or not, loss of their original character! The reason I decided to do this was simply because they are great 'speakers and kept sounding better every time I upgraded the amplification. I just did not want to get rid of them The mods cost me £170 including carriage.
I am now looking for a pair of E-30s to give the same treatment to - one at a time - I'll get to the E90s one day! So, if anybody has a pair of E-30s...............get in touch!

Hi friends,

I am looking for a pair of E50 or E90. I am living in Germany. I listened to a pair of E50 at a friend and they sounded great. So give your heart a push and contact me.

Thanks

Hi everyone,
I am and have been looking for a pair of E90 speakers for some time now.I already have a pair of E50's,which i've had for 20 years or so and still going strong.
If i get a pair i will probably sell my E50's.
Please contact me.

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I have had a pair of Wharfdale E50 speakers for about 20 years and have been excellent.

The only problem I have is that if I play anything with a really deep base one of them has a slight vibration in them.

As I am very fussy and everything has to be perfect I was wondering if anyone know what the problem may be.

I don't want to be conned into replacing the base part if it can be fixed.

Hi everyone!

I have a pair of E50s which I need to get rid of (too spacious, plus I have Overture 2's in place) - but I don't just want to throw them away. One cabinet has a defect bass driver (sound is slightly distorted), all other speakers are fine. Cabinets (black) have some minor scratches from moving, but grilles (front covers) are ok.

Anybody interested? Just let me know...

Greetings from Munich, Germany.

Hi all....I'm looking for a super nice set og E-90's to buy, must be mint.....very nice drivers ect....my zip is 57401
please get back to me...
my e-mail is..>>>
Dazzz@Earthlink.net
ps..also...e-70..or maby a e-50..as well...but must be nice...e-mail me

I got a pair of reconed E70's

Reconed by wharfedale in England!!

I live in the Netherlands.

Perfect condition.

Tell me plz what it's worth.

These baby's;
http://www.hi-fiworld.co.uk/hfw/oldeworldehtml/wharfedalee70.html

Wonder's how many car's i would have to sell to get those over here...I use to have a Pr. of E-70's..as well as E-50's.
Well was hoping someone had a set from the USA...even E-90's would be great !!!!!
I don't know put sopme #'s together,, who knows... Like many ..All i want is a fair deal.............

I OBTAINED A PAIR OF WHARFEDALE SPEAKERS MODEL
W60D. THEY SOUND EXCELLENT & REPRODUCE ACCURATELY.
ALSO ARE "TIGHT". NO REVERBERATION. I WUOLD LIKE TO KNOW SPEC.INFORMATION & THE YEAR OF THOSE MODELS. THEY ARE 3 WAY SPEAKER SYSTEMS. ALSO THE CABINETS ARE FURNITURE GRADE WOOD & FINISH.

Looking for a pair of Wharfendale E90 speakers in good to excellent working condition. I want to give these to my boyfriend as a Christmas gift if at all possible.

gazza r
well i have just went to my local car boot sale and guss what i saw for sale a pair of e50`s i could`nt belive my luck the condition of them is perfect and i got them for £40 quid it was my lucky day u never know what u might find at ur local car boot that is a day to remember

Dale Jones
Any one have more info on W60D's ?

1. What will it take to drive them,
2. how do they sound?
3. Common faults?

Hello, I'm posting on behalf of my dad who is after a pair of E90's. He has some E70's which he bought a long time ago and lovingly restored them back to how they should have been (they were painted in white gloss!)

So if anyone knows of any E90's going, please e-amil me. Thanks.

P.S. I live in the UK
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us