Connecting a Roland AC 60 AMP with LFE and the B speaker terminals from a Intregra AMP to the same Polk audio 250 subwoofer

Username: Nemian

Post Number: 1
I have the B terminals (1 pair) from my Integra AMP wired to my lobby through an additional Volume control and then to a pair of Speakers (Celestion book shield 75 ohms) and to the Subwoofer inputs both connected at the same terminals; the owner manual says this can be done with two sets of cable and will deliver a better bass since it will add bass also from the speakers. I am using the same cable, May this negatively affect my AMP or Subwoofer? Should I be connecting the out terminals from the subwoofer to the speakers as usual considering the wiring of the next paragraph I have in mind??

In other hand, I want to connect the subwoofer out from my guitar AMP (Roland AC 60) to the same subwoofer using a LFE cable. Is this possible? Of course I am planning to use only one AMP, at once and turning off the other. But I don't want to be disconnecting anything from the subwoofer, since it's in a corner behind a Piano. How this will work, when the subwoofer senses the signal from the LFE terminal, will it disable any connection of the other terminals and vice versa, which one has priority? Does having an LFE cable connected disable the other terminals? Is there any risk of damage for my Integra AMP from a kind of interconnection between the two AMP when I use the guitar AMP (LFE connection)?

I know an option is to get another subwoofer, but I am trying to avoid that.
Thank you,

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11573

You need a switch between the two amplifiers that will prevent any accidental mishaps. IMO, it would be best to not make this connection at all. Why do you want to use your guitar amplifier to feed the lobby speakers?

I don't understand your first question.

Username: Nemian

Post Number: 2
Thank you Jan,
The guitar AMP has its own speakers what I want is to improve the bass with the subwoofer. My question is related with if having the LFE from the guitartr AMP does it send any signal to the looby speacker (I don't want this append)

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11574

OK, that confused me even more than before.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8976
yup.

How about 'The sub won't play where it ain't at".

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 827
Sub-woofer for guitar??????????

Get a Bass Guitar and a Bass Guitar Amp and stop this silliness.

The guitar amp is built to handle what the guitar can produce.

What you want needs to come from something other than a guitar.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us