BELKIN PUREAV HOME THEATRE POWER CONSOLE PF31D

Bronze Member
Username: Pablo

Post Number: 80
BELKIN PUREAV HOME THEATRE POWER CONSOLE PF31D
I have Arcam AVR280, squeezebox, totem Arro's. Just found this in local store for $150. Is this good investment or just waste of money?
Frank what do you think?
Pablo

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2444
Unless you live in an area prone to storm damage, don't do it. I haven't found a conditioner yet that sounds any good, and I've tried some pretty serious ones...

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 534
There just really eye candy and a surge protecter

I own the Belkin pf40 Very nice unit well built nice thick power cord!

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 823
My profile lists my "Electronic Protection Gear".

Frank, I had you and Nuck convince me to pull my amps out, then NMyTree got me to pull my pre out. I have my CD, Tuner, and TT, still in the conditioner. I sort of figure this was reasonable, Nuck agreed (I think), my Plasma and HT gear is still plugged into Monster in the other part of my room. Right balance for using conditioners or do you have additional suggestions?

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2449
Mike,

If the HT gear is 'quality', pull it out too. However, if it's far below the quality of the HiFi, then don't bother. Keep the rest where they are. I've had variable results with CD players plugged into conditioners to be honest, and I haven't really tried it with turntables and tuners. I guess what I'm saying is it's worth trying both ways with each component apart from the plasma...

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1213
Frank, do you atleast have a surge hooked up or are all your components hooked up directly to a power bar thing?

Silver Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 825
Frank,

Just back from a business trip.

Thanks,

Mike

Silver Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 826
P.S. I guess I will leave it as is until I get an electrician to provide dedicated circuits for my audio gear. I do not have enough outlets at the moment to experiment.

I suppose I could have thought that through prior to posting my question.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2460
Christopher, no surge protectors on my kit except for the low quality items (TV, VCR, TiVo, Nintendo Wii).

Quality components are connected to a high quality 6-way power bar called a MusicWorks MegaBlock, which is simply a hardwired, single-point earthed switched unit. It works well.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us