My Speakers...

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2626
My speakers are so sensitive that I hooked them up to a pair of headphones and when I whispered "Boom" from the other room the headphones picked it up and the speakers blew out.

Obviously that's not true...

I hooked a lead to them and coiled it around an iron core 1,000,000 times. Then I placed a 10,000 pound magnet with the poles to repel by it and when I touched the speaker the 1000 pound bullet-shaped magnet shot out of the building like a bullet, but 100x faster. Everything else diamagnetically levitated from the Megatesla magnetic field. It also concentrated the waves from a magnetron into a spot so tight that a huge ball of plasma formed around the bullet. I don't know what happened to that bullet.

Neither was that...

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 336
Bored?

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2428
Andre,

not wishing to be pedantic but if the magnet was only flying 100x faster than a bullet, it wouldn't be fast enough to form a plasma irrespective of the magnetron.

Now if you'd said that the magnet had been propelled at close to the speed of light directly through the magnetron, that might have been a different matter.

I have no idea what I just said...:-)

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2627
Lol.. Seriously though, the power of the laser-like beam could form plasma anywhere there's matter. A CO2 laser might be better than a magnetron though.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8897
1.21 Jigawatts!

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 341
Hello... McFly...

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 485
Andre, dont you have any homework to do?!
Or, is this part of it?

BTW, after much thought on your (need for more) bass dilemma, I think I've come up with a simple solution.................buy any ol' sub, 10" woofer at the minimum, get a cable long enough for you to carry around with you in your listening area, hold facing you at all times (free workout too!) and your problem should be solved! The only problem I foresee, is that at this point, you may realize the rest of the music is somewhat important!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us