Rotel RA-1062

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 183
I'm looking for a int amp still, just say on of these. It's only 60W @8ohms but it is a high current amp. What do you guys know about it.

More than likely i'll be pairing it with an amp from Odyssey Audio. That is if i get it.
How will it sound with Dynaudio, Era or polk Lsi speakers? Initially listen to it with some efficient paradigm mini's till i bid them farwell. But will it own its own be able to play any of those other bookshelves. I know the Eras are power hungry.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2415
Chico,

AFAIK, the RA-1062 is an amp. Why would you pair it with another amp from Odyssey Audio?

The RA-1062 is a good amplifier, pretty powerful, capable of driving Dynaudio Audience speakers up to 52SE and 62s. I'd probably not try anything more demanding than that. I don't know the ERA and Polk speakers. Very clean sound with good grip. A little clinical for my taste but still very convincing. Good value.

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5415
Era are very demanding and you won't get the best from them with that amp. It would work for low level listening but again you need more and better to get the best from them.

Silver Member
Username: Sukhoi30

New Zealand

Post Number: 167
Thumbs up for 1062.

Works well with the Dyn's as Frank pointed it out.
I would not pair it up with any POLK speakers.
I have owned some polk speakers in the past and my opinion is based on the same, i have never paired them together in real life.
Rotel and Polk both have a inclination at the top end and hence the conclusion.
Era - sorry cannot comment.

And yes 1062 is quite powerfull for its specs.

Hope this helps..

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 184
Thanks agains guys. I'm aware the ra1062 is a intamp. I was considering using it with the eras for example as a preamp with the odyssey if i get it. Actually i was considering the dyna 140's or the Revel M22, initially with an Halo A23 but know i'm leaning toward an Odyssey stereo amp. From the sounds of it i'm better of getting a CA640a which is around the same price or what do you guys think. Was considering the arcam arcam A65+ but that has even less power than the rotel.

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 185
saurabh opps just saw your post. But it think art and frank are right here that might not cut it.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8845
I ain't sure on your purpose, Chico. I will assume that you want to run the intamp and maybe add a power amp later.

If you gotta ship from the conus anyhow, hows about cruizing by the Outlaw site?

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 186
in fact yes i'm looking at an intamp that can handle those speakers at least modestly, later will add the power amp so the int needs to have a good preamp section. Thats what caught my attention about the the outlaw ever though its a receiver. Since i'll need a tuner. Not sure how good the sound quality is though. Unfortunately the rotel i had my eye on is adieu. So is the outlaw the best option?

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2424
<facetious>

Nahhhh, what you want is one of these:

http://www.naim-audio.com/products/supernait.html

Just $4500 or so...

<facetious>

Sorry...just couldn't help myself! :-(

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 187
LOL thanks but not that is unless you are offering to pay4k out of it. For that money i'd save a grand and get this.
http://www.magnumdynalab.com/integratedamplifier-md208.htm

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2439
The md208 doesn't have a built-in DAC. What use would that be??? :-)

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 188
Ouch good point but, you gotta admit it looks nice. Hey you could spend a grand on external dac?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us