Kef Reference 205/2 Vs Paradim Studio 100

Username: Wiredcon

Phoenix, AZ U.S.A.

Post Number: 7
I would like to get some opinions on the following combinations.

1. Kef Reference 205/2 W/ Music Fidelity 250wpc
int amp routh
2. Paradigm studio V3 100 w/ bryston mono block
power amp route

Is Kef's price tag justifiable when it's commanding over $10,000 a pair?

I just listen to the Kef, but haven't heard the paradigm yet. I'm planning to make a trip to local dealer to listen to studio 100.

I guess what I want to know is that those "refinement" is worth to spend extra $6-7000 for a pair of speakers?

I really liked what I heard from those Kef reference 205/2 and made me wonder if I have to spend "that" much of money to get that kind of sound reproduction.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 520
Those KEF speakers are suppose to be good speakers(Never heard them). But Ryan, the Studio 100/ Bryston combo should Rock the house as well, and for less money. I HAVE heard Music Fidelity, and I didn't like it. Specially for the price. If it were me, I would go the Paradigm/Bryston combo. But this is coming from a guy who is a huge fan of both, plus both are Canadian, and If possible I like to purchase my product from a Canadian manufacturer. That wont fall into your decision of course. Listen to the Paradigm/Bryston combo, and let us know if your ears justifies spending the extra cash. You will be surprised in this situation I think.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 759
Ryan, see if you can find Anthony Gallo Ref. 3.1s somewhere around you. Listen to those at ~$3K pair. If you like them you can get better power with the additon $$$, like MAC perhaps.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8844
Ryan, you have to hear the Gallos.
Big time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us