Quad 22L vs 11L2

Username: Fbaudio

Post Number: 2
Hi all!
An urgent matter... please give me an hint!
I was going to buy a quad 11L2 today, when the seller made me listen a 22L (not 22L2).
They happen to be about the same price, and I am really unsure what to do... tomorrow is the day, about 12h to go... heeeelp!!!

Post Number: 3
Oh... I was almost forgetting... the room size, shape, and so on... it's just not a matter: unfortunately (just for this specific situation, I consider myself to be quite fortunate actually!) I am quite a traveller, so I will change home definitely more often than the speakes!
Thanks again!

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1607
The 22L by a long shot especially if you like more bass extension and a little more volume, but they do need placement away from the wall and corners. One you have the right spot they sound very sweet. As the L2 series is released, the L's have been reduced (or should be) and are extremely good value.

Post Number: 4
Thank you very much Mr M.R.!
I think I will go for those one... I will find hard time, and possibly I might need to close the bass reflex from time to time to reduce excess of basses when I put them too close to the walls (and I know sometime it will be unavolidable), but being an unprofessional bass player, I think I would always miss the low frequencies in the small ones!
Any other opinion is welcome, but I think I made my choice!

Thanks,
Fabrizio

Bronze Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 81
When you listened them Fab, which did you like better?

Bronze Member

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 82
listened to...

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8792
Marc, if you don't trade in your red pencil for a cold beer...

Fab, I think you have made your decision, and being based on a musicians point of view, you have made te right one for you.
A floutist may have chosen otherwise...

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1608
Fabrizo,

Just to add that the Quad 22L's will take quite a while to settle in - between 100 and 150 hrs before they sound their best. Others may say much less, but not in my experience.

Bronze Member

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 83
I made the trade.

Post Number: 5
Funnily enough, I went back the day after, listened them again, and realized that the accuracy of 11L2 is so much better than 22L... in my opinion!
They miss that extra bit in the low frequencies, but their sound -to me- is just better.
I will possibly need the subwoofer now
Thanks all for your help!

Bronze Member

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 87
Way to trust your ears Fab. Congrats and enjoy.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1609
Bookshelf speakers can have that effect Fab, I have the 12L's also and they are fast, punchy and well detailed. But, I prefer the full range floorstanders myself. Enjoy your Quads.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us