Im getting married :-)

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 885
took long enough, but I am finally getting married to my girlfriend of 4 years. We are engaged . Finally...someone that can put up with my audio insanity, but is sometimes worse in that department than I am.

We have not set a date yet.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 952
Congratulations Gavin!

If you found someone that accepts you, audio addiction and all, you have yourself a winner!

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 696
Congrats dude!

Hopefully full blown shindig with a "Live" band!

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York/Cal... USA

Post Number: 707
Hey congratulations Gavin!! Hope you're not using this as an excuse to get away from the impending Oswego lake-effect snow ;)
Seriously, best of luck.

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 887
hahaha...

Sem, I have graduated from Oswego :-P

Mike.. it will be a DJ. Can't afford a band. Although, if any of you want to donate to the "Diana Krall plays at Gavin's Wedding" fund... feel free

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 286
Congrats Gavin!

Any audio gear in your wedding gift registry?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11287

Congratulations to both of you. How's the prospective in-law situation? Good?

Silver Member
Username: Stryvn

Post Number: 478
Congratulations, Gavin.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2095
Congrats Gavin.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8690
Gavin, my wholehearted congratulations on the upcoming nuptuals!
Let the love and appreciation of your relationship lift your heart like the music does.

Cheers!

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 889
no audio gear on the registry yet, but depending on how irritated I get with trying to position my maggies in this room, there very well may be. The dipole wall reflection issue I asked about has become an issue.

Jan, the in-law situation will be a blessing. I couldn't ask for better in-laws. They are fantastic, helpful, and very caring people.

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 589
Happy to hear the fab news Gavin! I bet you're over the moon

p.s. she ever jokingly think you're audio habits are 'sad'?

I hope one day I can post the same about myself. If only me and my girl were older!! (i'll never let her go)

Bronze Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 74
Congrats man!

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1593
Onya Gavin. Congrats to the two of you.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 407
Welcome to the club Gavin, congrats man.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10151
Good luck man. It is certainly a ride. Here's hoping it never ends.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5371
Congrats Gav...a lifetime of happiness to you!

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 473
Congrats Gavin, sounds like you've picked out a good one! Heres wishing you many happy years!

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1580
Congrats Gavin! spoil her and cater to her,and never take her for granit,lifes short marriage and having a child are the most precious things in life cherish her for all your days,and make everyday special.

Silver Member

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 698
Gavim,

Care to explain "but is sometimes worse in that department than I am."?

Come on indulge us, I am sure we'd all like to hear that one.

Silver Member

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 699
anybody know why this post is absent from this thread? I didn't recall seeing it anywhere above when I read it in email. I clicked on "Jump to this Page" and yep, it is the same thread.

The following is copied from Gavin's post which I had in my email but not anywhere above...

no audio gear on the registry as of right now... but it may be depending on how yissed off I get at my Maggies. They suffer from terrible room interaction where I want to place them, except in the most inconvenient place, partially due to the nature of the room.

I can't find a decent place in here for my Maggies, one that wouldn't involve them being out in the middle of the floor intruding into the walkway, or placing the couch in the same place. We have guests over frequently, so these options are not feasible in the long run. This is... as you probably figured, a single bedroom apartment.

This is a floor plan, to give you guys some ideas. It is the first floor plan, with the closet essentially non-existant, as it is inside the wall along the outside livingroom wall. Computer is in the corner meeting the bedroom, with the TV along that wall. Two bookcases are to the left of the computer, under the window. I moved the computer and bookcases trying to get decent sound, and did... unfortunatly, space dictates where certain items go in here.

note... I do not have a patio (picture window instead), and the closet near the dining room is moved, otherwise this is accurate.

The speakers or couch would be very near the end of the hall. I tripped over the legs on the left speaker several times late at night going into the hall when trying that.

So, I am listening to mostly the radio, on the Cambridge Soundworks (which thankfully has decent SQ for a radio), and my iTunes collection for the time being, until I can once again start the hunt :-P

Once I get settled in, I am going to begin looking at other options for high quality sound.

Jan, the in-law situation is going to be fantastic. I don't think I could ask for better in-laws.

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 904
I deleted it...lol

didn't think the lengthy explanation was necessary.

Silver Member

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 701
Didn't know we could delete stuff after it was posted. Want me to delete my copyright infringed post?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us