Onkyo Integra Problem..

Silver Member
Username: Hoosier_daddy

Post Number: 119
Quick question (I hope) I have an Onkyo Integra Model # TX-SV919THX (all I could find on it)It was given to me by a friend who upgraded.

Looks like there is also a problem with it. When you turn the volume up slightly say a 1/4 total it goes into protect mode. Is it worth getting it looked at?

PS I see a couple of names on here of some folks who gave me some advice on the sub forum..Thanks guys!!

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 926
I wouldn't really waste much time on a 10 year old receiver that is starting to have problems, but that is just my opinion.

Out of curiosity though, what kind of speakers are you using with the Onkyo? What kind of volume is it going into protection at?

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
it doesn't seem to matter what kind of speakers I tried a pair of older "Made in Belgium" there is no brand anywhere on them look like they are from the 70's small but heavy great sound out of them....Also just tried a pair of Cerwin-Vega AT-12's same thing volume gets to about 20 of a 100...and within seconds poof!...Just thought it might be worth a few bucks to get it look at...I can't afford to buy a comparable receiver at this time..trying to do it on the cheap.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 262
I would have to agree with Stephen, it's probably not worth getting repaired. I had an old amp recently with more or less the same problem, and it cost me 100 bucks to get it fixed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
Thanks for the advice I appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us