Denon/Yamaha/HK

bigc
Unregistered guest
Which one is better for music?

Denon/Yamaha AV receivers have
24 bit, 96 kHz High Resolution D/A Conversion

All Harman Kardon AV receivers have
192 Khz/24 bit D/A converters on all outputs

Hk better than Denon and Yamaha for music (multichannels) listening?

Any comments?

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 179
None of those are very good for music. I suggest you check NAD, Marantz and Cambridge Audio receivers instead.
Wich speakers are you using?

Anonymous

I have a Yamaha 1400 and use marantz pm94 for the front i use mordaunt short system 442 as front speaker, velodyne f1500 for sub in my test the sound was great on music and also for movies as was newbie to HT but i love good sound. Any suggestion

Username: Qruzer

Post Number: 1
After 4 days with the Yamaha 2400 I'm extremely impressed with the multi-channel mode. Clarity with power - not bright, but incredible reproduction of musical instruments and their selected amplifiers.

bigc
Unregistered guest
I haven't bought the speakers yet?
I plan to buy the av receiver first then speakers.
NAD, Marantz are good in music I know.
But they are out of my budget.

I have to choose one of the above 3 brands Denon, Yamaha and HK.

1) Please suggest me which one should I buy?
HK AVR 230, Denon 1604, Yamaha RXV 440 are in my budget range US$500. (I am a student who couldn't afford the very good one. I will use this for multichannals music listening 70%)
Please help me to make a decision which one should I buy.

2) 24bit/96Khz and 24bit/192 Khz make too much different in music listening?
Thanks.

JimmyM
Unregistered guest
All make decent receivers but of the three, I'd choose the Harmon Kardon. Though it boasts only 50 watts per channel, they're honest watts and with its high current amp, it'll sound fine. It also has pre-outs for all speakers in the event you want to add an amplifier in the future; I believe the other two have only pre-outs for the sub.

Sorry, I can't help you with your other question; I'm just not knowledgable enough.

Bronze Member
Username: Srkstan

Kazakhstan

Post Number: 61
Check DMC electronics' website. I think they may still have the NAD T742 for under $500 (refurbished).

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 182
1) Please suggest me which one should I buy?
HK AVR 230, Denon 1604, Yamaha RXV 440 are in my budget range US$500. (I am a student who couldn't afford the very good one. I will use this for multichannals music listening 70%)
Please help me to make a decision which one should I buy.

2) 24bit/96Khz and 24bit/192 Khz make too much different in music listening?
Thanks.

1) If I had to choose from those I'd probably take the H/K because it's the most versatile and has more power than the others. The Denon migth also be a good choise because it is a bit more detailed and musical than the H/K. Anyway I'd still suggest models like NAD T742 and Marantz SR4400/5400, they'll easily give you better sound for the money paid and can be found for <$500.

What I found was a T742 for $399 at Saturday Audio. The Marantz SR4400 seems to be around $350.

2) That wont make much difference because you rarely will be able to use the receivers DACs at 96kHz or 192kHz. Sources like the DVD-Audio and SACD will be converted to analog in your DVD-player so it's not a big deal wich kind of DACs you have.

bigc
Unregistered guest
Landroval, thank you for your answers. now I clearly understand about the DAC.

And thanks you all of you for your suggestions and information.

As Marantz SR4400 and NAD T742 models have some problems I found in other posts..(NAD to be or not to be... and Marantz problems in SR 4xxx series), I should better choose HK.

Are there anyone have experienced any problems with HK?

I noticed that in this forum no one has reviewed Yamaha budget av receivers such as RX-V 340, 440, 640 etc. Are they not good to buy? Where can I find the reviews of these budget receivers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us