RX-V1600 HDMI Issue

Username: Fourstar77

Post Number: 1
My RX-V1500 died, so Yamaha gave me a free upgrade to an old, yet improved model, the RX-V1600. I am attempting to set it up, but am having a problem with my DVD player over HDMI. The DVD player is a Denon DVD-1920. It has an HDMI out, which I wanted to use to connect to the RX-V1600. I have the RX-V1600 connected to my Samsung DLP via HDMI. I know that connection works because my cable box to receiver connection (via component) displays fine on the tv.

However, I cannot get the DVD signal to pass to the tv. The tv says it is waiting for a signal even though both the DVD player and the receiver are on. Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated. I can always go back to component from the DVD player to the receiver, but I would like to use HDMI.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 320
Try plugging the HDMI straight from the DVD player to the TV. If you still dont get a picture, then your DVD player settings have to be changed perhaps to use the HDMI connection. Something of the sort.

Post Number: 2
Good suggestion. I will give that a try.

Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Ferrari

Post Number: 14
I know this is probably simple but are you sure your signal input selector on your Yamaha is on the proper input for the DVD-HDMI in? I think those inputs are assignable based on the HDMI source so the DVD input signal on your Yamaha may actually be on a different source such a AUX/VID etc? Flip the selector around and see if the source is somewhere else.

Post Number: 3
Thank you to everyone. Nick K was exactly right. There was a setting on the DVD player that I needed to set. I had never used it before because I had never before used the HDMI port. I had previously looked in all of the menus while connected via component, however that is not where the option was located. It was actually a button on the front of the DVD player itself; conveniently labled "HDMI". Imagine that!! That button allows you to choose 480P, 720P or 1080. I selected 720P, as that is what my DLP displays, and it worked perfectly. The picture looks good.

Thanks again everyone.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 324
Right on Matt. Hey if you can select 1080i, try it. As most 720p tv's like yours will upconvert to 1080i. Cheers.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8483
Attaboy, Nick.

Have fun, Matt!

Bronze Member
Username: Skeeterhead

Post Number: 100
When you start receiving "Attaboy" from Nuck, you know you are in trouble unless you are Jan Vigne.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11191

Looking forward to a Labor Day weekend spent not contributing anything positive to the human condition, wiley?

Same old, same old.

Whoopee!

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1223
I've got a 720p TV as well, and basically it scales everything to 720p from 1080i. So feeding it a 1080i signal is best since the image is scaled one less time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us