New NAD T753 display goes blank

Username: Bien

Post Number: 10
Hey everyone,

I recently decided to replace my new NAD T743 for the T753 for a bit more power.
I picked up the receiver about a week ago and on the second day while playing a cd, the display went blank and the remote nor the buttons on the receiver seemed to work. When I pressed the power button in the back to turn off the receiver, there was a loud pop from the speakers. Since that time, I have not been able to duplicate this problem but I sent an email to NAD anyway regarding this problem.

1.) The following is the first reponse I received:

Thank you for your recent request via the NAD Electronics web-site. I spoke with technical services regarding your questions, and here is their input:
What you have outlined is not a common problem, however, we will look into it and need some further information from you. How was the CD player hooked up to the T753? Which speaker made the loud pop, and what were you speaker settings...ie...which were on and what size were they set to?

You help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Karen Pritchard

2.) After providing the requested information, they responded with the following response,:

Thank you for your recent request via the NAD Electronics web-site.

Our technical department has advised that they are currently working on a
modification to the T753 that will address the problem you have experienced.
They hope to have the modification available at distributors within two
weeks. I will notify you when it is available.

Best regards,

Karen Pritchard

So I guess the display going blank with the unit not responding is a fairly common problem after all.

For those with similar problems with their T753, I just wanted to share my interactions with NAD.

BTW, other than the problem I mentioned which I was not able to duplicate again, I love the T753. Unless I encounter more problems, I think I make the right decision.

Bien

Unregistered guest
I've just bought a NAD T753 and it powers down A LOT. I've had it set up for about a week now. Have they figured out the problem??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Bonnie,

I have not received any new info from NAD, but did you try resetting the unit?

I read in another thread where resetting the unit solved some problems. Perhaps it may be a solution for you as well.

Bien

Bronze Member
Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 93
Another on the fly response from the NAD engineers! Why does this not surprise me?!?! LOL

If they are working on a fix, it won't be a simple reset solution believe me. Make sure they pay for shipping the unit in and back to you.

Username: Nad

Post Number: 4
NAD = Numerous Abnormalities Detected.

Bronze Member
Username: Kendrid

Post Number: 39
Mine has shut down 4 times in the two weeks I have owned it. The only thing I can do to 'reset' it is to push the button on the back, which produces a very loud 'thump' in all of my speakers. Because of that I have to disconnect my speakers before I press the button.

Owner of 1 dead amp 752, 1 DOA 762 and a 753 that shuts down. Don't try and tell me that NAD doesn't have issues...

Bonnie
Unregistered guest
Thanks Bien. I'm waiting to hear from NAD before resetting - I don't think it will alleviate the problem! I was wondering if you contacted them via email through their website and how long it took for them to get back to you? I also want to see which firmware I have.

These are the steps to reset the 752 - not sure if it works with 753 :
reset the system by pressing both the "video" and "tone defeat" buttons simultaneaously for 5 seconds to perform a full system reset.

The display is to show "AH RESET" when done.

turn off the receiver using the hard push button and then turn it back on.

The next step after that will be to systematically turn off any unused speakers (back surround) and size the other speakers accordingly since the settings I have input will have been lost with the reset. .

Bronze Member
Username: Sem

Post Number: 100
Bonnie,

The two e-mails I sent to NAD support were answered in three or four days. Best of luck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Bonnie,

The email I sent to NAD was answered in 2 to 3 days.

BTW, since the inital display going blank, I have not been able to duplicate the problem.

My unit hasn't encountered any new problems since that time, and I have been using it several hours a day.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us