Yamaha RX-V2400

Da Bears
Unregistered guest
I just purchased this receiver after reading many reviews on it as being good bang for the buck. What I would like to know is what speakers should I run for the surround sound? I can spend up to $1500.00 for the speakers.

On the other hand, it is still in the box, so if there are any good suggestions, I am willing to listen to them.

7.1 is preferred. Components in (2) is needed. Optical in (3) is needed. Component out is needed. THX can go either way.

I have read post on here that say the Yamaha is "bright" sounding and others saying that the ones like mine are not. I have no idea which to believe, so if you tell me it is bright, I will take it with a grain of salt.

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 322
Bears,

The lower end Yamaha receivers are definately bright sounding, but the newer models (the 1400 and up) are not nearly as bright. However, Yamaha still sounds best when paired with a warmer sounding speaker. Therefore, I would check out Paradigm and PSB speakers. Both have an increadibly warm and detailed sound and would make an excellent match with Yamaha.

Da Bears
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the response. I will check into the speakers you suggested. Was looking at Axiom speakers, but I know just a little about speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us