Looking for advice on a 5-7K setup/Upgrade

Username: Ferrari

Post Number: 2
Hello-

I currently have a Yamaha RX-2600 with KEF KHT9000 (3 on wall) plus 2 KEF Surrounds (8000's) and a Velodyne DPS-12 Sub. I tend to run 5 channel sound and while i like the Yamaha it will cut off (shut down) at about 80% max volume when listening to rock music or loud music in general. I want something that can play alot louder since the KEF's seem like they need more power in 2 Channel and definitely in 5 Channel mode. I also will be upgrading to a Pioneer Plasma Kuro so i will still need HDMI 1080P switching. So since my Yamaha won't pass a 1080P signal and will bomb out if the volume goes to high i guess i am now looking at seperates since the high end receivers do not look capable of handling my power requirements. I have seen the ADCOM GTP- 870 HD/ GFA-7707 line and also a little bit of the Anthem series. If you had my config and was looking to spend about 7K tops keeping the speaker setup and needing HDMI pass thru what would you suggest? Or do you have a receiver setup that can play loud and in 5 channel? Thanks in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11150

How many places did you post this same question?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8386
It's like Deja Vu all over again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us