Paradigm Studio 20v2 vs. PSB Stratus Mini

Anonymous
Does anybody have any listening experience with both the PSB Stratus Mini and the Paradigm Studio 20's? I have listened to the Studios several times and are the number one contender on my "wish list" at the moment. I would go and get them tomorrow, but I want to audition as many options as possible. The PSB is right at the top of my price bracket for my new 2-channel system, and Stereophile raves about it, but it is a FIVE hour drive to my nearest retailer. If anybody has any recommendations or info it would be greatly appreciated. If it is of any use for compatability reasons my system: Parasound P3 pre, Parasound A23 amp(125x2 8ohms), Nad S500 CD Player. All with Kimber PKC10 power cords and a Monster HTS 5100 line conditioner. Waiting to decide on speakers before I buy interconnects or speaker wire. I am leaning to using Kimber here as well. Once again thank you for any opinions you may have.

G-Man
They are both excellent speakers at their price ranges--or even above their price ranges. The Paradigm studio 20 v2 is an 8 ohm speaker and I think the PSB Stratus Mini's are 4 ohm. Hence, the Paradigm's present a far easier load to drive than the PSB's, although under most conditions and half decent receivers or amps/pre-amps the PSB shouldn't pose a problem.

If you upgrade the woodwork on the Paradigm's they will not only sound great, but look great. PSB's don't look anywhere near as nice.

All that said, you can't go wrong with either, except you can generally buy the PSB's online for at least a 20% discount. If the Paradigm dealer will give you a discount you are in luck. They usually have very protected territories and aren't likely to drop prices much.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us