Old pioneer receiver, need help

Tyler Williams
I got a hand-me down Pioneer A-60 reciever (about 12-13 years old) I have it hooked up to Marantz speakers, and every once in a while when listening i hear like a pop or static all the sudden. I dont know much about home audio and wondered if anyone could help me solve this problem. Is there a way to fix it, or is the reciever just old? Thanks a lot.

Yo probraría éste equipo en otro lugar, por si es una interferencia en la red eléctrica de Vd. o de un vecino, sobre todo es importante ver la frecuencia en que ésto se produce, si un parásito eléctrico suele ser estable en 1 o 2 ciclos repetitivos contínuos.
Si fuera un condensador del equipo con fugas suele ser inestable en la frecuencia. En cuyo caso se solucionaría poniendolo en marcha con más frecuencia, o bien arreglando dicho condensador.

I try translator, I test this receiver of your equipment y other home, because is possible that the motive is: noise electrico your or other neighbour.
If the frecuency of this happen isn´t stable,I think, will be, of the capacitor with flight, happen when the equipment is very time off.

JSolano (Spain)

Anonymous
I owned an A-60 and found that after about 8 years of use I would hear popping/static once in a while. I found that it was caused by dirty switches. If you press all of your switches (buttons) on the front panel several times you may find the one making the noise. I found the quick fix was to press the switch about fifty times and then the noise would not come back for months. You may be able to clean them with a spray cleaner. Great amp for its day - good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us