Bad connection in NAD T761?

Bronze Member
Username: Ntrudeau

Post Number: 11
I recently found my left front channel giving out on my NAD T761 receiver. After research in the archives of this forum I found at least one other owner who was having the same problem. He said he fixed it by smacking the side of the receiver a few times. Sure enough, mine also comes back on when I do that. However, it still doesn't sound quite right (wavy in and out).

I've tested the low-level outputs and they also seem to follow the high-level as the left wasn't working low or high.

Is there any way I could fix this? TIA for any ideas.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10878

NT - Call NAD and ask about possible causes and repairs. If this is truly a common problem, they should be straight with you. If this is an ocassional problem, you might not get much satisfaction until the unit is on a tech's bench. Ask for an estimate of repair costs before authorizing any further repairs.

Unfortunately, modern HT receivers are too complex to diagnose and repair by yourself or over a forum. With multiple ic's and microprocessors inside an average HT receiver, the problem could be well upstream of the processor and still cause the processor to fail.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us