Receiver Issue

Username: Slntdeath

Post Number: 8
Hi,
I've got a small issue with one of my Home Theatre receivers. When the volume on the receiver is relatively low (Between 1-15/50) the speakers emit a low-pitched buzzing noise. When I first bought the receiver it's never done this before. I always have it turned up as loud as I can get it without distortion (Around 35-40/50) when I have guests over. The question is, Could such high volumes have damaged or somehow affected any of the internal parts? The receiver perfoms fine at high volumes, It's just the low pitched buzzing that worries me, as it's a fairly recent phenomenon. The reciever is a JVC RX-6032V, 5.1ch Home Theatre receiver. Front channel speakers are Sony SSF6000, Rear channel speakers are Polk Audio R50's. The Subwoofer is a Polk Audio PSW110. The audio is running though a Kenwood KE-2060 13-band Digital Equilizer. When running audio without the equilizer, The low pitched buzzing noise continues. The thing that I find odd, Is that when the amp isn't playing music, and the volume is turned up, The buzzing noise stops.
Any suggestions would be appreciated, As well as any info as to what could be causing it.
Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Canada

Post Number: 46
When you unplugg any digital connection such as optical or digital coax cables and then turn the receiver back on, does it still do it?

Might just need a good cleaning.

Post Number: 10
It's got the same buzzing noise without anything but 1 speaker plugged in, Regardless of the input source

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10795

Sounds broken. Yep, playing it loud all the time could have done it.

Take it off the shelf and run it with two fronts speakers and no inputs connected. Does it still make noise?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
When nothing's plugged in, and just two front speakers, It makes noise at low volumes. When the volume is turned past halfway, The noise stops. With rear channels, The noise is not present.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7907
So the noise is so obtrusive that you can identify it's presence or absence at half volume?
Or is the music loud enough that you would no longer hear the noise, even if present.

Did this happen all at once?

Bronze Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Canada

Post Number: 47
I had the same sort of problem with my old NAD T762 receiver. It had the humming/buzzing through all speakers and I could only notice it at low volumes because the sound would drown it out. I had Lenbrook fix it, cost me 100 bucks. Said they replaced the Microprocessor and did a full cleaning. Two parts they used are 1.27 VFD IC and 1.27 AVR IC. My friend still has it a year and a half later and it works perfect.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Even when the receiver isn't processing any sound, When the volume is turned up the buzzing noise fades, With or without music. For example, If i set the receiver to a disconnected input (such as Tape) With the volume at 0, The buzzing noise is present and noticable, But if the volume is at 25, The noise is not present.
And, The noise just started last week when I turned it on. It didn't start gradually, as I would have expected it to.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us