Best speakers for rock and rap music??

Anonymous
i need your opinion guys on what's the best speakers out there for music. i listen to a lot of bass heavy music such as metal, rap and electronica. im also looking for an affordable high current stereo receiver. thanks!

Garmt van der Zel
I think you would be well served by Carwin Vega speakers driven by a Harman/Kardon or Yamaha receiver. Not exactly "hifi", but very much fun. You could also try Infinity or JBL.

G-Man
Get high sensitivity speakers (over 90db)into 8 ohms with either a big woofer, or preferably, a separate subwoofer that is self-powered and is at least 150 watts---preferrably 250 watts. Klipsch speakers are noted for their high sensitivity. And if you get a self-powered subwoofer the power of the receiver won't be important, unless you are listening in a very large room and want ear-splitting sound levels.

I am sure their are other high sensitivity speakers over 90 db's. Listening is the only way to know if they work well to your ears. But I would think since you are listening to heavy metal and rap, the loudness and the depth of the bass is far more important than the soundstage and subtlety of the speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us