Mission M74 & onkyo TX-SR701

I'm a beginner. Due to my limited bydget, I want to buy the captioned front speaker and AV amp. Does anyone know whether it is matched?

Using Time
TV : 50%
CD : 25%
DVD : 25%

Using Time
TV : 50%
CD : 25%
DVD : 25%

Speaker
Front : Mission M74
Mid : Mission M7C1
Rear : Mission M70

Amp
Onkyo TX SR701

Is it right choice?
Would you please give your recommedation?
Thanks a lot

Hawk
I would suggest that you improve the rear speakers a bit, but otherwise, I think it is a very good setup. If you like the sound, that is the only thing that counts. The Missions are efficient and the Onkyo has great features and a good amp.

I would suggest that you get Mission M71s for the rear, however, as the M70s may get easily over-powered by the mains in a 5.1 set-up. The M70s just aren't that dynamic and the M71s will give you much more sound for just an additional $50/pr. Or, you could look at the Mission M7DS Bi-polar surround speakers (but they are twice the cost of the M70s, so they may not fit you budget.)

I have a pair of the M71s are they are a great little speaker. Mission makes good stuff--I wish they had a better distributor.

manno1
Somebody says that Onkyo & KEF is more mtaching to each other. Is that right? I'm green in AV field. Could you recommend another brand of speaker?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us