Speaker cuts out at loud volumes

butter ball
yep...gotta speaker a while back, and now...if i have the voulme up to high...it'll cut out every few seconds for a few seconds as if the wires were touching, but they're not. Any ideas?

P00P dog
Amp may be the problem,you push it too hard and it shuts down.And don't be too sure the wires are not touching they may be and you cant see them.Disconnect all connections and redo.

timn8ter
I agree. Sounds like the protective circuitry of the amp, similar to a circuit breaker in your house. Chances are you've got mis-matched components or you wired something wrong. If you're driving the system hard enough that this happens and you think it sounds ok up to that point then somethings definitely wrong. If I knew what amp and speakers you're using it would help.

the problem might be that the speakers OHM's are lower then the OHM's of the amp, causing the amp to get drained fast and overheat. Or, check to make sure that the amp is laying flat, and nothing is covering or surrounding it, because then heat cant escape as good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us