5.1 Audio From Sony HDR-UX7 Handycam

Username: Derek_mac

Post Number: 1
I have been trying unsuccesfully to get 5.1 audio from my Sony HDR-UX7 high def video camera.

The camera is connected to my Pioneer PDP-436XDE plasma via the HDMI connection and displays excellent images. The problem comes with the audio. I use a Pioneer VSX-D811S-S AV receiver for sound. This is connected to the TV by means of a digital optical connection. From reading other articles on this forum I understand that this digital output is cut when the HDMI input on the TV is utilised and the digital output would not pass the hdmi audio received from the camera. This seems to be the case as I cannot get any sound during playback. Can anyone suggest a way I can get 5.1 audio from the camera to the AV reciever and in turn to the speakers to allow me to enjoy the sound to accompany the images recorded.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2223
Hmmm - your receiver doesn't support HDMI so you can't plug the camcorder in that way. There's the audio out jack but I'm guessing that just gives you analogue stereo, right?

If so it looks like you're stuck unless you spend some cash on something like an HDMI splitter which decodes the output. I've not heard of anything like that...

I guess the only other way is to master the recordings onto a disc and use a DVD player.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us