Infinity alpha 40 good or no good ????

Ian
I am seriously considering buying the alpha 40's since I am able to get them for around $500 US. The question is are they a good speaker. And what speakers in this price range would be better. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

JKES
Ian:

I have the preceding series to the Alpha which is the "IL" Interlude Series with the same CMMD Technology so it is probably very close.

I have 2 IL40's, 2 IL10 Surrounds, and an IL36C Center.

They are not bad but don't expect the tradational Infinity "Ribbon Tweeter" brightness that Infinity is known for.

I am in the process of upgrading the Infinities to M&K speakers but around 4 times the price.

$500.00 is not a bad deal though. I am thinking about getting the Alpha 12" Sub tas I have read good reviews on it--where can you get the Alpha 40's for $500.00 as list is $800? I would like to contact them on the sub and have you done business with them and are they reputable?

Thanks,

John

ian
John:

You can buy the Alpha 40's at future shop for $599 cdn ($689) after tax. This equals a little less then $500 US. I don't think they carry any infinity subs though. I decided to buy the speakers after going to the store and trying them out. They were the second best only to the polk rti150 which were 2000 cdn. They sounded better than then rti70's, which i thought were amazing speakers. anyway thanks for your response.

Anonymous
Ian, in Edmonton Future Shop asks $1300 for a pair of Alpha 4o speakers! Could you tell me please where I can get them for $599 CAD?

John

matt
I bought a pair of infinity alpha 40's yesterday from future shop for $599 Canadian... Future shop is dincontiuing the 40's and only selling the higher and lower model of infinity's

but everywehre else they sell for 1000-1300

matt
they are a good speaker for the money... and are for sure the best damn deal u will find... i saved $805 List after tax... i will upgrade later

I bought my Alpha 40s at Future Shop as well back in July. For $599, I almost bought a few pairs and listed them on Ebay. I couldn't be bothered. Mine are still brand new (sealed) in the box... Waiting for my new house to hook them up. I am waiting to see if Future Shop will discount the Alpha 50s...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us