Yamaha Receiver

Username: Cbell

Post Number: 2
Would the Yamaha RX-V461 receiver properly push the klipsch F-2 series speakers? Any suggestions on other recievers would be greatly apprectiated.

Reciever http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=10420&I=022RXV46 1

Speakers http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/f-2.aspx

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7439
Hello Clarke.
Yes that Yamaha would power those Klipch speakers quite easily. However, at 95db response, the Klipch could be powered by a potato.(thanks JV).
Any number of units, including some modestly powered integrated amps could deliver much better results, if 2 channel performance is what you have in mind.

Post Number: 3
In the future i plan on expanding to possibly 5.1. Sorry for asking this but how does the 95db response work?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7441
Clarke, the higher the number, the louder the speaker will be with a measured power applied.
Most speakers are 86-90db or so.
At 95, the speakers get loud with a small amount of power. Other Klipch models are over 100db and are very loud with only a few watts.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 118
I own a pair of Klipsch F2's as well. I love them.

Keep in mind a lot of people consider Klipsch to be "bright" speakers, and Yamaha receivers to be "bright" as well. If this is true (I own both and find neither particularly bright - although I have not paired the two), you may find this combination fatiguing.

As a tangent, I owned pair of Yamaha speakers and paired them with my Yamaha receiver. This was a sonic combination that was just utterly painful to listen to.

Post Number: 4
Bright as in high pitched or loud. The loudness doesnt bother me, yet the high pitched music may. Any other suggestions for a reciever?

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 704
I suggest Pioneer and/or Pioneer Elite

This is personal, but the Yamaha receivers I have heard have been on the bright side. Art has stressed that this is not an issue anymore, so if you like the sound, go for it :-).

I would just suggest pairing it with one of the receivers mentioned above for comparison, as the sound is different. They are slightly warmer and less forward IMHO.

Bronze Member
Username: Patnshan

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 35
Any receiver is capable of pushing Klipsch speakers. As others have said, Yamaha and Klipsch may not be a match made in heaven. I have Yamaha with polk and love it. I am not so sure I'd use it with Klipsch. Can you listen at a place that has both??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us