Luxman P310 - speed problem

Username: Chryslerdude

Denmark

Post Number: 1
Hi! I bought and restored (cosmetically) this cool turntable, but the speeed is all over the place. It can hold the speed for several minutes, but then suddenly it takes a dive, and totally destroys listening pleasure. Belt is new! Anybody had a similar problem, and maybe has advice?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10436

Is the speed adjustable by way of a trim pot on the table? Is the speed servo controlled? If either, you need to replace parts in the speed control circuit.

Denmark

Post Number: 2
Hi Jan! Thanks for the tip. Actually, I was going to clean the trim-pot before doing anything else, but I have a senaky suspicion that the error lies elsewhere. I will try, and write back..

;-)

Username: Chemical_cake

SouthamptonUnited Kingdom

Post Number: 3
Hi Kasper

Judging by 'restored', I guess your turntable is reasonably old. I had exactly the same problem with my turntable, an early-80s Technics model, with the speed completely unpredictable. Your problem might lie with dead electrolytic capacitors - they use a bit of cardboard soaked in electrolytic fluid which can dry out over time, and then the capacitor stops working properly. It seems this is a common problem with older mass-market models (particularly Technics judging by some of the other posts on this forum). If you could provide the make and model I could be more sure about the solution to your problem, but replacing the elctrolytic capacitors worked a charm for me.

Denmark

Post Number: 3
Hi Matt!

Thanks for your reply! Mine is a Luxman PD-310. It IS quite old, i would say about early 80'ies. Your solution sounds quite reasonable, so i will keep that in mind in case the pot-cleaning does not help.

I dont remember seeing any electrolytes on the spped control print, but I wasn't looking for any either when I reassembled it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us