Pioneer Elite VSX-24TX not making sound sometimes

Username: Canetsbe

San Diego , CA

Post Number: 1
I have a VSX-24TX hooked up as a stereo for music only and I have been having trouble with it for some time. When powered on, the reciever either 1. does not produce any sound at all, 2. produces sound after a period of waiting for anywhere between 2 and 10 minutes or so, 3. will only produce sound out of one speaker, or 4. will sound heavily distorted. Rarely does it power on and actually work like it should. I also noticed that tapping on the side of a certain enclosed circut board on the inside of the reciever seems to help. Does anyone maybe know what's causing this?

Thanks,
Cole}

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3706
Could be a (dry-joint) on the (circuit-board) somewhere? Have you tried tapping the unit, gently of course!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10312

Unless you can see a cold solder joint that needs to be touched with a soldering iron (and you have the ability to make the repair yourself), I would take the unit in for repair by a qualified technician. You can easily make more of a mess of the board than it will be worth if you are not certain you can make a good connection.

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3707
Unplug the unit and if you feel confident you can undergo this yourself with a soldering iron then look around on the underside of the (circuit-board) with a none metallic plastic tip and see which part as go the (dry-joint) than take the (solder sucker) place the tip of the soldering iron on the loss joint and suck up the solder and then apply a new solder joint see if that works.

If there is no luck take it to an authorised dealer.

Username: Canetsbe

San Diego , CA

Post Number: 2
Do you guys have any specific recommendations as to where I should take it?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7655
Cole, good thing you didn't say you have to shove it for repair.

Check with Pioneer for the closest service depot.
Yes, I have heard of better results with a local guy, but the cc will know where to go faster, and have all parts at hand.
Unless you want to mod/service the unit fully, then some better shops can do that. If yo want to go that route quickly ,find find a tech's forum.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us