Record Player Sounds Gurgly Please Help

Username: Dollydekka

England

Post Number: 1
Hi, I recently got a record player for my birthday and I love it, only problem is, when I play an LP it sounds gurgly like its underwater. Can anybody suggest anything that might remedy this problem, as I really love the player and don't want to send it back. It is a Classic Player and has CD's, Radio and USB Port.
Please help me.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10276

Sorry, never heard "gurgly" as a despcription for a turntable problem. Any other description you can give? Is the speed of the table correct?

England

Post Number: 2
Hi, thanks for replying, it sounds like the singer needs to clear their throat. We thought it might have been the speed but cannot find anywhere to adjust it. It seems to only do it on 33rpm, I have just played a 45rpm and it seems ok. Would you know how to adjust the speed please?
Janice

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10281

Sorry, no. I would suggest calling the dealer where the unit was purchased and asking for assitance from someone who might know the product more thoroughly. Or, look in the owner's manual for a contact number or web page.

England

Post Number: 3
Hi, thanks for your advice, but my partner has now fixed the problem. It was running slightly slow which he has adjusted and the record was slipping on the turntable aswell, it was because it only had 4 rubber feet on the turntable and not a mat. Now it sounds good and I am very happy.
Janice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us