Shallow Receiver?

Crumpocket
Unregistered guest
I just got convinced at a store that Marantz SR7400 was for me. Then discovered it's too deep for built-ins that it will occupy. (and that's not considering heat issues I'm hearing about)

Does anyone make a receiver that's of this quality without being so deep? I noticed an ES sony at 16.5 inches but that's about it.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 146
If you dont absolutely require 7.1 and PL2x you should try out the CA 540R. It is small (12 inch deep) and probably will sound even better than the Marantz. Also the NAD T743 and T752 will fit (depth ~14 inch?) and sound nice. The Sony you are talking about is probably the digital amp DA2000ES?

Crumpocket
Unregistered guest
Not sure about the Sony. It was a quick glance.

I'll look into other models you've suggested. I don't require 7.1 because the room is tiny. Thanks very very much.

Bronze Member
Username: Mongo

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 19
I just checked the Harmon Kardon DPR 1001 I have and it is only 16.5" deep. The digital path receiver also runs relatively cool. Plus, it is 7.1 and has lots of other features. This model has been discontinued, but remanufactured units are available from Harmon Direct. I just saw one on eBay with the bid at $355. Not bad for a receiver that originally had MSRP of $1499! See other threads in this forum for the DPR 1001 and on remanufactured units from Harmon direct.

Cruel_Inventions
Unregistered guest
Are you SURE about the depth of the DPR 1001? I was seriously considering that one a while ago, and ultimately decided against it. The biggest reason was because, even though the height was low (nice), the thing was deeper than the Grand Canyon! I thought I measured that receiver to be about 18 or 19 inches deep?

Anonymous

You know you can just go to any products website and check specs.

Bronze Member
Username: Mongo

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 20
Cruel_Inventions,
I just went back and remeasured my DPR 1001, and the case is 16.5 inches front-to-back. This does not include the speaker wire connection posts which stick out the back, nor the big volume control knob which sticks out the front. The dimensions in the manual include all these protrusions:
Depth = 18.75 inches
Width = 17.3 inches
Height = 4.75 inches

Cruel_Inventions
Unregistered guest
ok Mongo, thanks, that explains the discrepancy.

Now that you've mentioned it, I do recall mentally factoring in the knob and the back connections to come to my perception of the 18-19" depth.

So we're both correct. ;)

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 580
Crumpocket:

There is one other receiver I know of which a friend of mine purchased precisely because he had the same problem--the NAD L70. It is their only receiver that comes in silver (I think they call it titanium) and it has a DVD player built in. Had a nice write up in Sound & Vision about a year ago. It is also only 13" deep.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us