NAD 753 or 763...or Denon 3803

JohnTT
Unregistered guest
I've settled on a KEF (Q7 + Q9c + Q1) speaker package with an SVS sub for my family room 5.1 HT. Haven't picked a receiver as yet. My family room is 21' X 14' with a cathedral ceiling.

Both NAD and Denon auditioned well...but NAD had the edge. Couldn't detect any sonic differences between the 753 and 763. Is the 763 worth the extra $$ or should the 753 suffice for the KEFs? As you can imagine, the dealer's pushing the 763. I'm also concerned about the NAD reliability issues mentioned on this forum and wonder if Denon is a safer choice?

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 1046
JohnTT,

I have older, less efficient KEFs with an NAD T760 (5 x 60W). Also a "cathedral" ceiling. I do not hestitate to recommend the T753 (successor, a few models on, to the T760, and more powerful). If the dealer is any good, he will let you swap it for the T763. But I doubt you will need to. My opinion is there is no evidence from this forum (or elsewhere that I know) that NAD has a reliability record that is different from other makes: see thread NAD - To be or not to be?.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us