How to biwire the Polk Lsi9?

TW
I am thinking to buy the NAD T742 and may be an extra power amp for these speakers. What is the best way to biwire?
Thanks

Anonymous
You biwire by running two wires from the amp to each set of post on the speaker. You have to take out the jumper that is between them for the people that only run one wire.

Anonymous
Single wiring a bi wire speaker may be done two ways. You can use either set of Neg & Pos but the gold link between the two Neg. & Pos. must stay in place. Is this correct?

timn8ter
Nope. Bi-wiring loudspeakers has questionable benefits but this is how to do it. Typically, you remove the gold band that joins the like terminals on the speaker input cup. Then instead of one pair of wires from your amp/receiver you have two runs. These attach to the corresponding +/- posts on the speakers. So, two wires attached to the positive output terminal on the amp connect to the two separate positive terminals on the input cup. The idea is that this will provide discrete inputs for the crossover networks of the speakers. Doesn't add up to me since XOs are typically parallel networks, but whatever. This is not to be confused with bi-amping or tri-amping of separate active crossovers for each driver which does produce significant and measurable results with a corresponding thinning of your wallet.

Anonymous
The only way you'd get a noticable difference is if the system has a bi-amp and then you bi-wire the speaker one amp drives tweeter and one amp drives mid/woofer.

I explained the process I was told on how to single wire speakers that have bi-wire hardware. I'm pretty sure (90%)it's the correct way.

timn8ter
Quote: "Single wiring a bi wire speaker may be done two ways. You can use either set of Neg & Pos but the gold link between the two Neg. & Pos. must stay in place. Is this correct?"
Yes, that's correct. Sorry, I read it wrong the first time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us