Anyone familiar with Athena Technologies?

James Kelley
I have been looking at a review at http://www.hometheatersound.com/equipment/athena_audition_asf1_asc1_asb1.htm

And was wondering if anyone has this particular system or have seen other comments towards it.

I am currently in the military and trying to find a system that will not break the bank but give me clear sound in my apartment and a home in the future.

If no one can comment on the above system...then how about recomendations for 5 speakers systems under 1000 (sub not included...already have one).

Thank you.

Derek
I have the Point 5. They're good. Athena is a Canadian company related to Energy. I am very satisfied.

Alan Whitaker
I have the Athena as-b1's I am currently using them as mains with my hometheater until I save up for the as-f2's. I love them, they will be moved to a dedicated 2 channel music room when I upgrade.

Berny
I love the Athena's but I also listened to the Axioms. For me, they sounded better and excellent value. Check out the Axiom M40 and M50 at axiomaudio.com
I understand what you mean about not breaking the bank, being in the military myself. Can you believe the way the Exchange Services no longer carry klipsch and infinity??? I hate that they are actually buying in to the Bose hype...that's all I see in the catalog, aside from the JBLs and Yamaha...but then again they have this stupid TDY rules on purchasing the Yamaha
cheers

Hawk
James:

Many of us are very aware of the Athena speakers, a division of API, which also make Energy and Mirage speakers. All are fine products. The Athena speakers you listed are very good speakers and represent a good value. What electronics will you use to drive them? I ask because it is the combination that matters. Not all receivers work well with these (or any other) speakers.

JOHNNY THE GUN
I have to use caps !!!!!! I OWN THE WHOLE AUDITION SERIES. I HAVE ASF2 FOR MAINS ASF1 FOR REAR SURROUND ASB1 FOR EFFECT (MY RECIEVER HAS AN EXTRA 2 CHANNELS FOR EFFECTS) ASB2 FOR REAR MAINS AND ASC1 FOR REAR CENTER CHANNEL ALONG WITH THE BOSTON VR 920 LYNNFIELD CENTER CHANNEL FOR THE FRONT WHICH MATCH PERFECTLY.
okay sorry guys! I am an audiophile 100%
Let me tell you that they sound truly amazing. they bring out the music due to their awesome DB sensitivty ratings and I have the new YAMAHA Rx-Z9 what some DENON lovers might call a pos!!!! anyway I was able to play the two towers all the way through with get this NO DISORTION @ about -20DB!!!!!!! that is amazing, all I reccommend if you get the Athenas break them in light first, then pound them hard!! get the denon 5803 or the new 5804 if you have CASH and a 5,000 spending limit. If you cannot then get DENON 4803 or 3803 NOTHING LESS GET a high current FULL bandwidth receiver stay away from ALL SONY lines Pioneer ( non elite) kenwood basically the mediocre. To get good sound from yamaha expect to pay a little more, the 5803 is the benchmark reciever you cannot ask for more than 170watts per channel and of course 16 frickin burr brown top of the line DAC's 2 per channel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us