Earthquake supernova mvkI-15

Username: Mjohson21

Jackson, Ms United states

Post Number: 1
has anyone heard the latest sub from earthquake sound? i have it! MAN is this thing awesome!
1 question thou... is it wise to only plug into the left LFE channel on back of the sub opposed to using a y adapter to split the signal? please help thanks......

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6178
Hi Mario.
The sub should have a LFE single port, or one should be identified as primary.
The LFE is a single run from a receiver, and dictated by the receiver itself.
The dual input for the sub are meant for pre-outs from a preamp or receiver, as full range music listening inputs.
The speaker level input for the sub(if so equipped) are just that, speaker connections. In this config, the pass filter of the sub will dictate the frequencies delivered to the main speakers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6179
Your owners manual should pictoral the connections, but may not explain the functions of your sub.

Username: Mjohson21

Jackson, Ms United states

Post Number: 2
thanks for the info. i have hooked it and adjusted and it can be deafing. this thing really rocks! i have the 10" as well, and i loved the sound from it, but the 15" is the way to go! i have had some subs in my days but nothing like this one. earthquake get two thumbs up from me!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6182
excellent!

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1812
It looks like it'd be high on my list in the market for a powered box sub (I know for sure, but for the same price (or less) I could get 4 18" Q subs from Fi and 2 EP2500s to drive them all to Xmax.

I agree it's a good (very good) sub...at least from reviews I've read of Earthquake subs. It's probably in the top 5 of my would be picks for subs under $3000.

Username: Edfulle

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 1
How do you stop a subwoofer? My next door neighbor has his subwoofer shoved in his bathroom window facing my house with a bass test cd he plays repeatedly. So, I not only get the noise, I also get the constant mini-earthquake. My walls, windows, floors, furniture, countertops, me trying to sleep all vibrate. I "hear" a high pitched white noise sound that I take with me where ever I go (driving, work, etc.) I have been told that is the after effect of the bass frequencies and that is damaging my hearing. I have called the Police who do nothing because it's not a LOUD noise (city noise ordinance). I was told that a ham radio would "pop" the subwoofer. I am desperate for relief. I would sincerely appreciate any legitimate ideas. Thank you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7721
Pop it bullseye with a pellet gun.
Oh Texas, a small calibre handgun, then.

Really, you must have ticked him off something awful.
Or he's a jerk.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 153
Now why on earth would he be doing that to you?

Is the window in question open? If it is, spray the subwoofer with your garden house.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7723
Great, David.
Is there room for an accidentally overturned oscillating sprinkler?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5052
I'm with David and Nuck, nothing like a little water on the gear. Dude is not being considerate and the police won't help.

BTW hopefully you tried talking with these folks first.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7725
Local codes?
Loss of 'enjoyment of property' might be a seller with the sheriff.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10718

Liz - This is Texas, girl, have you assed him right nicely to shut th'fuckup? Have you had your biggest, ugliest, hairiest friend ast? With their big, ugly dog in tow? With their truck with the muffler disconnected backed up to the neighbor's bedroom window? Real early one Sunday morning.

I doubt the cost of setting up a 50,000 watt clear channel HAM radio would be worth the effort to destroy a subwoofer, even if if did work. Which is highly suspect.

This is Texas, dear, get a lawyer. Watch UHF channels at 2 A.M. to find a really sleazy one who got their degree from Rice. Have them draw up a complaint that threatens legal action for something or other and have it served to the neighbor at 6 A.M. Either the subwoofer shuts up or you will own his home, his pick'em up and all his earthly poezessions. Then clean out a small cardboard box to put them in if he decides to put up a fight. Do it legal but do it dirty. It will cost you some money but not as much as the HAM radio gear. Maybe the lawyer can get the neighbor to have to pay for some of the cost.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7726
hehehe, big hairy ugly dude on a Hog with open pipes.
Lovely.
JV, I am sure UHF appreciates your sponsorship.At 2 am.
How's the Suzanne Sommers leg-o-sizer working out?

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10724

Great, I've lost 25 pounds ...

in my left thigh.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 156
Are you sure you're using it right? You should have lost 25 in your right thigh too. Or maybe 12.5 in each?

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10731

I haven't used it on the right thigh yet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7732
Your clutch will be so happy.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10734

Went auto several years back. I still have a clutch in the garage but haven't used it in years.

Silver Member
Username: Leonski

Post Number: 131
Is the obnoxous neighbor a RENTER??
If yes, the actual owner may help, especially if you use an attorney to ship off a nice letter.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7842
Good one, Leo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7906
Maybe Elizabeth decided to just scream at him.
If so, she is bleating a dead hoarse.

Yeah, so OK, i'm bored.

but it ain't bad.

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
I don't want to read about this on the cover
of some magazine::
headline::
'Neighbor Dispute Erupts in Violence, stereo blamed'
"He Wouldn't turn the darn thing down!" she screams while being led away in cuffs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
If you can PROVE the guy damaged your hearing, I am thinking it is assault.
Cops than are obligated to do something for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us