Marine Speakers

Anyone have any suggestions on good marine speakers. I am looking at the Bose 131 and the Infinity 692M at this point. I dont know much about marine speakers, any input or suggestions on any kind if speaker would be great. I am putting in a alpine deck and will have 2 6.5" int he front and 6X9" in the back.

thanks

Hi Mike: I'm in the process of trying to figure out the same thing - have a new 20 ft pontoon boat. Pretty much decided on the Alpine 9805 or 9807. Can't find anything in the way of reviews for marine speakers - what I have been able to figure out is most think Infinity (the 692Ms) and JBL (MS620s) are good. (692M at about $110, JBLs about half that).

I'm tempted to just go with some good 6x9 car speakers, but maybe the weather would eventually get to them??!

I'm thinking I'll probably go with 4 of the JBLs, simply because I don't know if I'd be able to tell the difference for the extra bucks.

Any ideas or comments? Good luck.

Derek
How about bolting on some outdoor (patio) speakers? Almost everyone makes them: B&W, NHT, Boston, Polk, etc.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us