Dorm system help

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 491
So i'm starting the process of putting a system together for next year when i go to college. I sold all of my car audio stuff to fund this since my car won't get much us anymore. I think i'm going with the av123 xls's for my main speakers...i already have a reciever and center channel i got from my dad when he re-did his system. WHat this leavcs out is the sub. I have about 300 to spend on it. All the subs in this price range people seem to reccomend are 8"s coming from being pretty serious into car audio i don't think i can handle just one eight lol its just not in my blood...i'm used to 2 15''s or 3 12''s in my car lol. So i was thinking i could probably do the best by building the enclosrue myself and buying a parts express amp and seperate sub right???? I think i'll prolly go with the bash 300w off there...or maybe the dayton 240. Is this a good idea??? (building and enclosure isn't a problem i got plenty of experience). Or should i just suck it up and buy a premade woofer??? Thx...sorry for lenghytnesss lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 492
O forgot...i was thinking either a 10 or a 12 for the sub! And wow i should proofread my posts for grammar.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12939
Your plan to go the DIY route is very sensible. We have some members who assembled a Dayton sub and BASH amp set-up with excellent results.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 3561
Josh, I have done the very same thing you're trying. Let me tell you it's worth it. I recently built a large 15" HT sub powered by a Dayton 1000w plate amp. Nice! Anyway, it replaced a (4) sub unit powered by a 500w Bash plate amp. Worked well. If you're looking for parts, I was going to put the amp on Ebay or Craigslist, but I can cut you a great deal on it if you're interested.

The amp: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-752

If not, good luck man!

Silver Member

Post Number: 493
yes i'm interested, what are you looking to get for it???

Gold Member

Post Number: 3607
Well I paid $230 for it. Works flawlessly and is only 6 months old or so. How does $125 shipped sound? Pm me.

Bronze Member
Username: Bdr1117

Michigan USA

Post Number: 23
use one of the titanic mk3's from parts express, they'll tell you how big of a box to build for which sub you get too. i use the older model 12" (titanic 1200) with thier 250 watt amp and the combo sounds great to me, shakes everything on the shelves, at the right frequencies it will blurr your vision a bit, not bad for the price.

Silver Member

Post Number: 494
Paul do you still wanna sell that??? I will prolly buy it off yah...don't like the pm system here...tried it and haven't heard anything back. Email me at Goose5741@aol.com...thx

Gold Member

Post Number: 3696
Sent ya an email.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us