Which Hsu sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Brettw

Post Number: 12
I'm trying to decided between the Hsu STF-2 Subwoofer (319.00) or the VTF-2 MK 2 Subwoofer (399.00), I can't tell which one would be best for me. I listen exclusively to classical music but will use this on a HT system with good front speakers, as well.
thanks for any help,
brett w

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3883
Greater flexibility with the VTF other than that it's a wash. As you may use the flexibility go for the VTF. I will tell you Brett I really liked the Hsu sub that I had. It was an excellent HT performer and not incompetent for music. I owned an Era sub at the same time which embarassed the Hsu for music but it took a sub of that quality to do it.

Gold Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1147
brett:

the only real difference between those subs is that the STF-2 is set to provide very low frequencies. The VTF has the flexibility to sacrifice the very low end (and I do mean VERY LOW END--25-32 Hz) to provide greater volume ("higher headroom"). Given the fact that the built in BASH amplifier has tons of power (my STF-2 will do 800 watts in short bursts), I think the STF is all you need.

However, if you want the maple finish, that comes only in the VTF-2. Either way, you really can't go wrong. The Hsus are absolutely superb subwoofers, and better than almost any other brand I have heard for twice their price.

I hope this helps you with your decision.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us