POWER AMP

Silver Member
Username: Polksavage

Post Number: 105
ok new news I just got a smioking deal on a rxv1300 (200 bucks)and I want to use this for my preamp. So I need a power amp now. I want a 6 channel, 150-200 watts or more per channel. under 1000 bucks.

any ideas or recommendations?

Gold Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1128
Outlaw Audio 7125--$999, but you can get one of their "B" stock for $899.

See it here:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/7125.html

It is 125wpc x 7, but you will have a bit more power only driving six channels. You will have a very hard time finding anything else in that price range that isn't junk. If you really want 150-200 wpc x 6, you would need to double your budget.

Silver Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 150
check out emotiva lpa-1 7 channel amplifier.
http://emotiva.com/amplifiers.html
6 x 125. $499, a real good deal imo. This may just be your huckleberry.

Silver Member
Username: Polksavage

Post Number: 116
wow what a good price, have you heard one?

Silver Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 157
no haven't heard one, but have heard from alot of users on avs forums that they are a great internet direct company with this amp being one of the best values in audio at the moment. If I were going to buy a separate amp for HT, this would be the one. The company emotivas products were sold through av123 until recently they went solo. snoop around, I don't think you will find anything "fishy" about the company just a lot of happy owners.

Username: Meatie666

Post Number: 1
help me please i picked up a kenwood m2 amp and dont have a clue about it i need instructions and specs this thing weighs a ton }

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10565

Lift with your knees.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7569
mm, if you found your way here, you can search the thing out without guidance. Come back with questions.

Username: Summerj

Orlando, FL

Hello Glad to meet everyone. This site is a wealth of information. You guys are all awesome! I have been reading your posts for days now. but still have a few questions:

I need help with an amp selection. I have 6 ceiling mounted
speakers throughout different (20 watts each) rooms and 2 patio speakers (40 watts) mounted outside as well. I currently have a lower end onkyo 2100,100w high discrete amp (I can hear everyone laughing... lol) receiver with a/b switches that I am using. It has become very noisy on the left channel. The volume control is so scratchy I need headphones on to adjust it. lol
I am sure i have put it under too much stress at times so it's failure is probably my fault- waste of 200 bucks 3 yrs ago

I am looking to buy a used NAD Amp along with some sort of separate volume control device where I can run all of my speaker leads into. My house is older so running volume controls at the speaker itself is not possible. Is this what I need?

Oh... I use my mac laptop,or I pod to run music files through or I use my sirus sat radio. so no FM is needed (Though I do have iton my piece of crap Onkyo)

Questions:
1. What model used Amp do you suggest ($200-300 max)I know some of you are not e-bay fans but for my price range I am stuck there-I will be careful.
2. What is the technical name for the box with all of the volume controls and who makes a good one?

Thanks in advance for your help

Jim

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11640

Start a new thread. Go to the main page of the "Amplifiers" section of the forum and just above the listing of thread titles you will see "Start a New Thread". Click on that and enter your post. It's a better way to get answers than entering a year old thread.

Username: Nhiquay

Australia

Can anyone please show me best way to connect a subwoofer to an amplifier (Yamaha DSP A1)?
My current connection is as following:

Speakers output from Amplifier is to Input of Subwoofer and Subwoofer output is to Speakers.

Thank you

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11836

What's wrong with that connection?

Australia

Post Number: 2
Hi,
I want the sound coming out from the Amplifier. This connection seems the sound coming out from the subwo}ofer not the Amplifier.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11837

The sound is coming from the amplifier and running through the subwoofer. That's perfectly fine. Without knowing what other options you have there's no other way to suggest as a connection.

Australia

Post Number: 3
Thank you for your help.
Merry Xmas and happy new year.

Username: Hkbuff

Langley, BC Canada

Hi,

Does anyone out there know how to indentify(tell apart)the different versions of the Harman Kardon Citation 16 Power amplifiers ? I have two of these amps, one that I have owned for over 20 years (mint) and another one (mint)that I acquired about year ago. From what I know they had three differnet versions:

Citation 16 (original)
Citation 16A (improved)
Citation 16AS (commercial/no led level indicators)

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12012

The 16 & 16A should be tagged as such from HK. The unit without LED's was the 16B and was only produced in small numbers for a short time. It is the same amp inside as the 16A, sold for not that much less ($1595 or $100 less if I remember correctly) and didn't capture anyone's attention the way the amps with the flying "V" did. The 16B was never to my knowledge intended to sell commercially though HK would gladly let that happen. At $1695 for the 16A the amp's cost was somewhat on the high side of average for its day. Crown and Phase Linear were selling for quite a bit less and McIntosh was quite a bit more. The LED-less model was merely an attempt by HK to bring the price down for someone not interested in the light show.

The Citation power amps of the day were the favorites in the shop I worked in at the time and embodied everything HK knew about building amps. I own a Citation 12 Deluxe as I thought the 16 was a bit tilted toward the top end for my tastes. But driving AR 10pi's with the 16A gave quite a good sound considering the AR's dropped to below 3 Ohms. The Absoute Sound did a "historical" review of the 16A not too long ago and gave it a good review compared to today's amplifiers.

Username: Gosse

Guayaquil, Guayas Ecuador

Hello to everybody.
I am looking to upgrade my home sound system and I have a budget of $ 3000. I will really appreciate if you could give me some recommendation/advice of what is the best amp+floorstanding speakers set up I can buy?
The system will be used in my living room, mostly for social reunions. My music preference is rock, alternative and some electronic music (no rap or hip hop).
Thanks for your kind assistance.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9665
GV, if you post with the 'new thread' button, it will garner more response.

And welcome to ecoustics.

Australia

Post Number: 4
Hi
you can go to this website and search for the system within your budget:
www.absolutehifi.com.au

Username: Gosse

Guayaquil, Guayas Ecuador

Post Number: 2
Dear Nuck
Thank you for your advice, I will do that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us