Help me set up my supercube 1 tia.

Bronze Member
Username: Skasol

Post Number: 47
so I got my def tech supercube 1, and I got the denon 2807, I hooked up the subwoofer with the subwoofer cable to the LFE on the back of the sub and the sbwr output on the receiver, I was told to set my speakers at 80 for the crossover and 120 for the subwoofer, I noticed the sub has some dials in the back do I need to make sure I also set up the dials to 120? please help, thank you in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 803
Did he mean set it up as 80 for the speakers in the receiver's bass management and 120 for the subwoofer in BASS MANAGEMENT? If so, then just make sure it's hooked to the direct couple LFE input. You just need to set those dials (phase and volume) to the correct setting. That is all, I'm pretty sure. My Seismic 10 is a little different, but I'm sure it's about the same. Both subs (mine and yours) are slightly the same, but different.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
yes, I think it was in the bass management, so I am assuming I have to set up the dial to around 120 as well correct? should I run the auto set up on the 2807 and let it do its thing to see if it could get more accurate than myself?

Silver Member

Post Number: 814
The dial won't have any effect on it if you have the receiver connected to the direct couple LFE input. If you learn enough you could probably calibrate it better yourself, but you should start with the auto set up. You don't need to worry about that crossover dial on the sub if you it set on the direct couple LFE input though. I'm not too sure what the back of your sub looks like or how you set it on direct couple but that's all you need to do. Then you set the volume and whatnot.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
I see, I ran the auto set up but the sub still sounds pretty bad, I not it has to do with my set up, so I will play a little more, the darn thing has like 3 dials and I don't know what's what, also the volume dial, so that is 4 total, any advice would be appreciate it. tia

Silver Member

Post Number: 842
Well, where do you have the subwoofer placed? Here, read this. It should help you get your supercube set up right. When I set up my Seismic 10 I did a lot of that stuff. Now it sounds extremely balanced, plus it had to break in. It doesn't take very long to break it in though.
That bass management article may be of help as well.

http://www.onhometheater.com/features/20040515.htm

Hope that helps!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
thank you, I read that, and I think the placement it's pretty good on it, I will continue to play a little more, thanks again for your help, I want to make sure it's not defective or anything like that, as I just purchased it yesterday.

Silver Member

Post Number: 843
Well, I've never heard a deftech sub, so I don't know much as to what it should sound like, good or bad. Oh, and I think it's frequency response rating is at like -15 dB or something.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
thank you for that, I was doing a little bit of research and I see that my mythos 2 say this "Freq. Response: 45 Hz - 30 kHz.
Nominal Impedance:Compatible with 4 - 8 ohm outputs"

mythos 3 say this " Freq. Response: 45 Hz -- 30 kHz
Nominal Impedance: Compatible with 4 -- 8 ohm outputs"

supercube I says "Frequency Response: 13 Hz -- 200Hz
Driver Complement: One 10" long-throw polymer subwoofer coupled to two 10" sub-bass radiators
Built-in Amplifier: 1500 watts Digitally-Coupled Class D Amplifier
Low Pass Crossover: 24 dB/octave continuously adjustable variable (40 --150 Hz) plus Unfiltered LFE direct coupled input
High Pass Crossover: Low level Inputs: 12 dB/octave continuously variable (40 -- 150 Hz) "

Does that mean that I have to set up my mythos between 45-30? also my center (mythos 3) and setmy supercube to ? I am lost, I read some of the articles presented and I followed some of the suggestions, but I am at loss. please someone help. tia

Silver Member

Post Number: 862
I'd most likely do the crossover at 60-80hz (probably 60, like I have in my own setup).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
thank you andrew for taking the time to help me out,I will play with it a little more. thanks again.

Silver Member

Post Number: 910
Yeah

Silver Member

Post Number: 911
Hehe I'm giving my Seismic 10 quite a beating right now. I don't feel so good...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us