Amp A for Amp B?

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 771
This time it's not that insanely overpowered 8,000wx2 amp for headphones. It's using that same amp and using that hookup to drive the stereo audio input on some computer monitors really hard. REALLY, REALLY, RRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYY HARRRD!

Perhaps you could drive a small pair of computer speakers like the $20 Sony speakers that have an optional (like 2 watt) amplifier built in that can be turned on to boost the input signal (not like it would need it!) I'm pretty sure it would blow the computer speakers the (insane string of profane words) out of their enclosures. It would also destroy the monitor I'm guessing.

That brings up a question. Does it benefit to drive the inputs of an amp or whatever as hard as they can safely be? I mean, wouldn't it make it so you would barely have to turn up the volume on the amp as far? Say you have it normally at 0 for the loudest listening. Now, would an input where it could be on -40 and be the same volume benefit the amp in any way? I guess you could also drive it's inputs with that 8,000 watt amp at full power + max clipping from driving it's input super hard as well, (does it really matter if the RCA inputs on the back of your amp aren't able to handle much more than say 1500mw anyway?) then turning your current amp as high as it would go! See if that's clipping enough for you!

How would it affect a digital amp if you were to drive it's analog inputs using a tube headphone amp if you were to set your amp at +1 or so then control the volume using the headphone amp's volume control. Would that make it sound like a tube amp? I'm just wondering.

Gold Member
Username: Rick_b

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 1423
NO and stop wondering.

Silver Member

Post Number: 778
I've got to wonder, it's just the way I am!

Gold Member
Username: Leew

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... Holla Back Y...

Post Number: 1277
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 781
I keep laughing, man I've got to look away. There's my source of entertainment for the next few hours!

Gold Member
Username: Leew

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... Holla Back Y...

Post Number: 1280
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 785
Now that's just...where are you getting these?

I guess I can still look at the other and be amused! Columbia!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us