Question about subwoofers

Username: Llsht14

Post Number: 1
Ok well im new here but not new to stereos and home theater stuff. But i figured i would ask an outside opinion on this topic.

I have two diamond audio 12 inch m6 subs and the right home amp to power them. Now if i bought a box for these to put them in my room with my theater would it be louder then a velodyne minivee sub.

Thanks for the help,
Nate

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12428
Depends on your amp and how much power they can supply to your subs.

Post Number: 4
i can put 840watts rms to each

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 767
It should be. Just don't forget the right box can make it tons better. A transmission line is out of question as it would take up way too much room. A bass-reflex design would be a little easier if you just want volume (passive radiators or a port). You might want to use a bandpass design if you just want it to be LOUD. I would probably personally use the largest sealed box I can (for deeper, louder bass) based on the T/S Parameters of those subs.

That's all I can think of to say.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3802
Louder perhaps, better probably not.

Silver Member

Post Number: 797
Well he did ask for loudness! All he has to do is build/buy a box to maximize efficiency (bandpass; 6th order?) and place it in a corner. BOOM BOOM BOOM

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 813
Don't you already have enough bass power? I guess you need more... Yeah, personally I'd get a good ported design in the largest box you can fit (according to T/S parameters) lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us