Abyss or PB12-NSD

Username: Bergermeister

Post Number: 1
I have a small home theater room and like movies and music. I listened to an Abyss at a local HT store and liked it compared to others I listened to. Unfortunately there is no way to listen to an SVS until you buy it, yet the online reviews are pretty good. My room is small, 10 x 10. I would love to hear opinions of folks who have heard both of these. Thanks alot because its a big decision for me.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5232
Nice nic, Berger.

For such a small space, I would lean towards a smaller, quicker sub, particularly for music, as opposed to movies.

I will hold off on names until the others get a look at your post.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 721
I couldn't think of anything since I haven't heard any of those subs. Hey Nuck, would the ML Depth i work? 3 8" drivers approximating a 15" you know. That should be musical and quick. I heard it in the store and when I turned it up I couldn't tell the subwoofer apart AT ALL, it just sounded like the speakers were gaining response in the deeper regions.

Can you say good integration?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5233
That might be a good rec, Andre, I havn't heard it.
Smaller and faster for a smaller space, yeah, maybe meister should llok at that one.

Username: Bergermeister

Post Number: 2
This board is not as active as I thought it might be. I will tell you guys I got my PB12 and its HUGE. Way bigger than I thought. If your interested, I will post on how it sounds after I get it set up properly. So far its pretty good but I'm thinking about sending it back just based on the size.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5328
bm, send along your impressions and your exact setup.
There are always options, some free, some...not so much.
Post back, we will look out for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us