Bose Wave Cannon, That's Right...Bose

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 284
This is a subwoofer Bose makes and it's supposed to be 25hz-125hz +/- 3dB... at volumes greater than 109dB..I mean what? It's 12' long and 17" in diameter...isn't that a bit big to create 25hz at 109dB?

Upload

Where it's thicker in the middle, that's where the 15" driver is. It's also where you can hook cannons together for more output. I just wondered if it'd be any good.

Bronze Member
Username: Leonski

Post Number: 78
looks to be a form of 1/4 wave tuned TL design.
Nelson Pass built the ultimate PAIR called 'El-Pipe o' which were soemthing like 15feet high and made of SonoTube.....Real Home Wreckers if you had 18foot ceilings and 3 or 4 kw of amp laying around.
Look 'em up....do a 'google' This is also a design that the DIY guys have latched onto.....works well and is fairly simple.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2310
Yeah I've learned about this since I posted that long ago. Thanks though.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 590
and people say that Bose can't produce deep bass :-P

Some of the pro products are quite good IMHO. I have heard the Panaray LT multiple times, and it has never disappointed me. I wish I could say the same for the home speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 170
I hear their bass modules go reaaaaly low!!

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3544
That was used I believe in a cinema somewhere in Southampton during the mid 1980's and one projectionist who works at the Odeon Wet Fish commented that they where dreadful for sub bass and that the JBL 4645 will leaves that Bose Wave Cannon in the dust!

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 605
They really aren't designed for sub-bass reproduction, especially going by the specs.

Although, I don't know what the rolloff is after 25Hz.

In a music system, these actually sound decent, and are fairly tight. The Carrier Dome has several of these...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us