Pro-ject debut III and best idea for new cartridge

Bronze Member
Username: Malco49

Baltimore, Maryland Usa

Post Number: 39
turntable gets moderate use less than one year old.
sounds swell.have cartridge it came with ortofon
OM5E
if i was to upgrade what would be an acceptable choice with regards to not having "to much cartridge for the turntable"
not sure if i could just get a new stylus but would more than likely go for new cartridge.
does not have to be ortofon.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1768
Mitchell, I like the Ortofons and the 500 series is good. The 510 is a decent cartridge and the 520 would probably be as far as I'd go on a Debut III.

I also like the Grado Prestige Gold very much but I'm no expert on Grados and I know the Gold is more than I'd spend on that deck, but they're probably worth checking out.

I would steer clear of the Goldrings as I find them a bit brash.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

Baltimore, Maryland Usa

Post Number: 40
thanks frank

just how big a difference is there between the rega P3 and the pro-ject debut111?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3736
Immense! I owned the Debut very shortly then moved to the 1xpression with a Grado Blue. Big difference...I kept reading how the 1xpression might even have a performance edge over the P3....wrong! I now have the P3 and can say quite confidently that it outperfroms the 1xpression in pretty much every way that matters.

The Debut is a fine budget table but if I were spending in that region I would look at the new P1. Even better if you can swing it the P3 is all the turntable most of us will ever need.

Bronze Member

Baltimore, Maryland Usa

Post Number: 41
thanks
art and frank :-)

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3745
Since my last post I noticed that Rega has announced the return of the P2 which one can buy fitted with a Bias 2 cartridge, most likely a satisfying combo at a budget price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us