Infinity Entra Point vs. Harmon Kardon HKTS 12

brandon p bertrand
I am in the process of upgrading my system in my home. I have a fairly large room (14 x 20) with high ceilings. I have narrowed my choices down to 2 speaker systems. I have heard the Infinity Entra Point and was impressed with the sound as well as the sub which is a 10" with 150 watts. The best price I can find is $650. But, I have seen the Harmon Kardon HKTS (which I have not heard) 12 system which has a 12" sub and costs about $200 less than the Infinity system. The 12 dips down to 30Hz compared to 34Hz for the 10. I would like to know if anyone has any experience with either sytem, if not, any opinions on either. It will be used 60% for HT and 40% for music. I like clarity in highs and deep, powerful bass. Any suggestions, comments, opinions?

Also, any suggestions on a receiver for 5.1 sound for $350 - $400?

it would be nice if someone replied to this guys post....

cause... I am thinking about buying that Infinity Entra Point Five HTS system.... and I would like to hear any complaints or other systems that might be better....(for the same price...)

Since Harman International manufactures both speakers, the price does reflect the quality. Dollar for dollar, The Infinity Entra Point Five HTS is one of the best sounding speaker packages I have heard. As long as your room is not auditorium size, these speakers should serve you very well for many years to come with bright, crisp highs and nice low (not boomy) bass.

I recently purchased a HKTS 6 system, and have read a couple of reviews regarding the HKTS 12. The hkts 6 has 1/2" tweeters, 3" mid's and a 100W 10" sub-woofer. The hkts 12 has 1" tweeters, 4" mid's and a 150W 12" sub.

For home theatre, the hkts is an excellent choice for the $$. For music, its not quite as strong.

The bass subsystem extends pretty low, although, it was a little 'murky' for me.

The high end was excellent and there was great consistency between the satellites & the center speaker. Doing some a/b testing between the hkts and another set of high speakers (with good Morel drivers), I did notice that low end mid-range on the hkts was lacking some.

The reviews of the HKTS 12 are similiar. The 12's sub-woofer is supposed to be very strong. I believe the 12's large mid-range driver helps, but there are still some holes between the low-mid's and the sub-woofer. Having said that, I would be surprised if you can get a smooth transition between the low mid's & bass unless you have a 6" mid-range driver or a very well design speaker & somewhat larger speaker enclousure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us