SUB help $500 budget

i have a $500 dollar budget. and i wanted to buy a sub. i have four choices

1. Polk 12" 300-Watt Subwoofer PLK PSW505
2. Infinity 12" 250-Watt Powered Subwoofer ENTRASUBTWO
3. Velodyne 12'' 170-Watt Subwoofer CHT12
4. JBL PB12 250 watt rms

im having trouble on choosing one. i have tested the jbl pb12, which is pretty good..but im looking for the low down bass. on the four subs that ive stated w/c would yall recommend? is velodyne good? eventhough it only has 170 watts for rms?< does it produce low down bass? what about the infinity and polk? polk has 300 watts of power rms, but does it produce the low down bass? what about the infinity?

in general what would you recommend?
thank you. so many questions lol. I'm only 18 yrs. old and just starting to perfect my home theater(money source: from my father). i have a reciever w/c is marantz sr9300 and i previously bought that last 2 weeks ago. i have a pair of jbl S-412II for main, jbl s-center II for the center channel, bose 301 seriesV for the back rear surround and series bose 301 II(old ones) for the L and R side surround. i have a cheap SUB i bought it for $200 sound is pretty good for music, but now im into home theater, now im asking, which sub is good on my system? thank you alot

Derek
I lean more towards the Infinity. They seem to be taking speaker building seriously these days.

Are you open to HRU Research? Thier VFT-2 is probably the best under $500 ($499 plus shipping) made today. I owned one and can attest to its power. Try www.hsureasearch.com.

Hope this helps.

dane
thanks.

anymore opinions about this, coz' im going to buy a sub next week.. hey derek thanks

Hey Dane, I saw your question posted & I've owned a JBL PB12 sub for a couple of years and really like it. Hell, I don't think I've ever turned the damn thing up over 'half' since I've owned it. I just really like the JBL & Harman/Kardon products. I got mine off ebay (brand new) & paid quite a bit less.. Anyway, good luck & happy hunting...

Anonymous
the new klipsch subs r supposed to be the -ish

Anonymous
Try an SVS subwoofer you won't regret it.

www.svsubwoofers.com

Anonymous
bought a jbl pb12-its got booming powerful bass-would buy again anytime-nice bargain-got it for $249 new in box-shakes the whole room-would maybe buy the smaller one next time

Yes Anon Klipsch is comming out with a new line of subs that they say will rock the world and the last reference subs they came out with are ridiculously good. But we will have to wait and see unless anyone has heard the RW 8, RW 10 or RW12 yet.

timn8ter
The first thing I'd suggest is to take your $500 and save about $200 of that by building your own sub. Subs aren't difficult to construct and there are many resources to guide you through the process. One of my subs was constructed from Sonotube and MDF. As for tools, all I used was a circular saw, jigsaw and sandpaper. If you're not interested in building your own then I know where you can get a HSU VTF-3 for $500.

Try with REL (Strata, Q400...)

Anonymous
One important thing not mentioned here is to stick with the same brand...althought the subs don't matter as much as the other speakers. Different types of speakers have different voicings. I have all jbl and the pb-12 subwoofer. Don't know about the others but the pb-12 is great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us