Got a great deal!!

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 655
Yesterday I went to my dealer as I am looking to upgrade a few areas of my system and walked out with a 1 year old pair ( just before they were replaced)of JMLab Electra 926's for 2900$ Canadian all included!!!!

They were owned by a guy that used them 3 times and paid 5900$ (Tax incl) Can. I can't tell you that these are by far the best speakers I have heard for a long time! Incredible bargain. Now I can tailor my purchases around the speakers. All I have to do now is sell my other ones.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11687
Wow! That's nice. What will you be using to drive the JMLabs?

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 656
At the present time, I am still using my 2 C272's and they are doing a great job but I plan on going to use YBA in the near future.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4702
How are you going to sell the Wharf's Dan?

Fabulous deal on the Electra's. Congrats.

That's the way I bought my kit. Keep following rich audioheads around and see what shakes out!

Bronze Member
Username: Underarock

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 86
Way to go, Nuck! Sounds like a good deal. Did you listen to them first, using amp(s) similar to those in your collection?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3702
I've had the opportunity to hear those speakers with YBA gear...oh my it sounded good! Congrats Danman...

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1468
The 926 is a magical speaker,my dad talks about them everyday,I recently had a chance to get some for $1500 a pair,but i passed,they were about to be my reference at 1 time.Good for you they are Classics and you really have stepped up in class now,Congrats!

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 657
I am looking at the YBA Passion Integrated 300 and their CD Player as well but it is a little more than I want to spend at the present time. Actually, the Nads are doing a pretty good job but definately not up to what these speakers can really do! I am hearing things I never heard before in my CD's and records! I will probably go with one at a time and first of all start with the CD player as that would be the next weakest link in my opinion.

I have always loved JMLab speakers and am happy that Santa came early!

Nuck, as for selling the 9.6's...........well I have not really thought about it yet. They are in brand new condition without even a speck of dust on them! They were wonderful but no where near what I have now! Speakers make the biggest difference in a sound system that is for sure! I may sell them through my dealer and let him have 10% or just be lucky enough that someone will want them. I will probably buy the new Cambridge Audio 640r 7.1 with the difference as I am slowly getting into the home theatre thing as well.

Gold Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 1057
Dan,

Congrats. I go away for awhile and everyone upgrades BUT ME. Enjoy the sound and let us know when you upgrade the CD player, which is a more much important piece than many people understand, in the quality of what comes out. Good luck, Dave

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1547
You're not the only one Dave. Every time I've got the cash saved, my wife finds a 'more important' way to spend it. First was a new bedroom set. Then new couches. Then a new tv. Then a new TV stand. Then a new DVD player.

Ok, maybe they were more important. The furniture was old and a lot of it was hand me down stuff. The old tv was making a high pitched squealing noise to go along with it's diminishing picture quality. The old stand wasn't big enough. The DVD player wasn't up to par with the tv.

I keep telling myself that one of these days I'll get the Naim system. I guess everyday is a day closer.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1548
Sorry Danman. I needed to get that one off my chest.

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 658
It's ok Stu.................If it made you feel better!

AHHHHHHHHH Naim...this is also wonderful equipment! I am thinking of one of their CD players.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 962
http://stereophile.com/features/1206poty/index2.html

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4846
I just can't get past the disaccoitation Naim has with high power amps.
I have to think Naim would be a good match with Bryston amps, as I find the Brystons to be very honest, do what anps should, multiply power.Singularly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us