Best of both world speakers?

Username: Josele

Post Number: 1
(Excuse my poor english, I can read and understand this language but I don't write a good english. Sorry...)

I'm looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers for a NAD 320BEE. My music tastes are: Heavy Metal, Thrash, Death, Hard Rock, Blues...The problem is: When I say that I like this kind of music, people think that I need only a brutal bass sound. Well, I like a powerful bass but inside a sound with very good definition and clarity (not the JBL or BOSE typical sound like people think).

I'm searching for a very clear sound, with definition and clarity but also with a powerful punchy bass and treble. Like the tittle of this thread: The best of both worlds. I don't know if a speaker with definition and very good bass for Metal music exists...What do you think? Thank you, and one more time: excuse my english please.

Silver Member
Username: Darth

The woodlands

Post Number: 106
hey man, no need for apologies, you do very well.

it would help much if you could state what your budget is and what electronics are you going to use to drive the speakers.

Regards

Silver Member

The woodlands

Post Number: 107
sorry, you did say NAD 320BEE...My bad

Silver Member

The woodlands

Post Number: 108
http://www.us.alegriaaudio.com/Emma.htm

I have not heard these myself but some guys on this forum have gave them very positive reviews. Seems like they could satisfy your tastes.
Just a thought
good luck

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1527
Vader,
You're around and Edster isn't? I guess that puts an end to his conspiracy theories. Where's he been anyway?

Sorry to hijack your thread James.

I'd also like to know where you're located, what is available, and what your budget is. Also, are you using or plan on using a sub woofer?

I listen to a lot of rock and metal through a 320BEE myself.

Silver Member

The woodlands

Post Number: 109
lol Stu, I do not know where he has been but I sure do not miss him ! :-)

Sorry James.

Post Number: 2
I live in Spain. No subwoofer. Budget=900 Euros (1200 U.S. dollars). In my city I have easy to get:

Acoustic Energy
B & W
Dynaudio
JMLab
Monitor Audio
Kef
Quad
Tannoy
Wharfedale

Thank you.}

Bronze Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 38
Isnt Highland Audio distributed in Spain?

Post Number: 3
Marc, as far as I know: not. I never hear Highland Audio.

Bronze Member
Username: Jingka99

Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Post Number: 45
James, I suggest that you take your time and audition all the speakers that you've listed if possible, that is the most effective way of really knowing which one suits your music taste...

Out of the list, don't fail to try Dynauadio Audience 52 or 52SE, Quad 12L and I've heard from Frank A. that JMLab released the 700V, worth trying this as well...I'm not discounting the rest in your list though...

Goodluck:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us