YNeedle Cartridge for Garrard 2025-TC

Username: Chris8726

Post Number: 1
I recently got a Garrard 2025-TC turntable. When I attempted to play a record however all I could hear was scrambled sound. I think I need a new needle cartridge. Does anyone know what kind my player takes or where I can go to get one?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9365

Where'd you buy the table?

Username: Chris8726

Post Number: 2
My grandparents had it in their home for as long as I can remember. They sold their house and they gave me the player. I noticed you have the same table as I do, do you know where to get replacement cartridges?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9368

Nope, I don't own that table. Place "vintage audio repair" in a search engine and you can probably find someone who has the piece you need. Unfortunately, it will probably cost you more than the table is worth, by a long shot. Unless you are restoring this table for sentimental reasons, there isn't much value in the Garrard. If you get it going with a stylus, you might just find the hard rubber puck that drives the platter is glazed and the platter won't spin at the correct speed. Or, after many years, the grease in the motor has hardened and, again, the platter won't spin correctly. There are many problems that come with age, ask your grandparents. Unfortunately, for products like the Garrard, sometimes the best thing is to just move on. Keep the table as a reminder of your grandparents but I would suggest you put your money into a better table with fewer potential problems.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us